Chapala.com Webboard

Refrigerator Repair

Oatsie

FWIW, Regardless of which company you choose for appliance repairs, I suggest that upon diagnosis of the repair issue do not allow the tech to remove the defective part.  He may ask to take the defective part to Guad to search for a replacement part.  You will never see him again.  Better to suggest that he take fotos of the part along with model and serial number of the appliance.  Just my 2 centavos.

I have had good luck with the guy in Riberas, I forget his name but probably it was  Gualberto. 

Camarena appliance repairs on Colon in Ajijic mountain side,  err, buena suerte.  YMMV

13 hours ago, Kiko said:

I suggest that upon diagnosis of the repair issue do not allow the tech to remove the defective part.  He may ask to take the defective part to Guad to search for a replacement part.  You will never see him again. 

Pigs will fly before that EVER happens with Gualberto or his son.

• Like 4

For those searching for a reliable refrigerator repair person, I was more than pleased with the many recommendations of Real Refrigeration.  I WhatsApp'd them last night and Gualberto (the father - Spanish only) replied and sent his English speaking son over at 11.AM.

He was quick and very reasonable.  I wouldn't hesitate in using them again!  Sorry that the below card is so big......

RealRefrigeration.jpg.d2c6881171f43a53e5c1ce159be0f533.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I like Cristobal, he’s pretty quick to respond, knowledgeable and reasonable, he speaks English as well but keep in mind, for many of us, face to to face communication in another language is more productive than over the phone.  I usually send him a whatsapp, he responds the same day and sets up a time to come.  His number on whatsapp is (or drop the +52) and that’s his cell number.  

+52 33 3477 8690

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Does anyone know is the service providers mentioned work on stoves/ovens?

Gualberto has talked me thru two issues with my propane stove, which is what I think you might mean. Would certainly ask him. He won't lie if he thinks your issue is beyond his scope.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Gualberto has talked me thru two issues with my propane stove, which is what I think you might mean. Would certainly ask him. He won't lie if he thinks your issue is beyond his scope.

The ignitor is out on one burner and the oven. It was not my doing, because my pops used to have a hissy fit and shout, "You're going to ruin the ignitor!" every time he heard the click-click-click of the ignitor go on longer than a nanosecond when my mom or I were cooking.  

1 hour ago, chapalence said:

Does anyone know is the service providers mentioned work on stoves/ovens?

Yes they do.  Fixed one of our burners about a year ago.  Make sure they know make/model so they can bring the correct parts. 

https://www.ameriproappliancerepair.com/replace-igniter-gas-stove

https://kitchenforemost.com/how-to-fix-a-gas-stove-igniter/

https://danmarcappliance.com/oven-repair/how-to-replace-oven-igniter-in-4-steps/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chapalence said:

The ignitor is out on one burner and the oven. .......

The ignitor on MY stovetop burners is not where I usually want to cook. So of course if I lit the one I want, it kept on clicking.....   

Solution? Easy-peasy.  Pulled the electric plug.  No biggie to use long-neck handheld lighter for burners or oven. 🙂

Generally Gualberto and Carlos are good at making repairs but at times struggle diagnosing a problem, especially one that is intermittent. We went round and round with a GE Profile problem and finally went to Tio Sam and got on the list for a technician from Guadalajara. He diagnosed the problem as an faulty igniter. He happened to have the part in the car and got everything in working order in under 30 minutes.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, Oatsie said:

For those searching for a reliable refrigerator repair person, I was more than pleased with the many recommendations of Real Refrigeration.  I WhatsApp'd them last night and Gualberto (the father - Spanish only) replied and sent his English speaking son over at 11.AM.

He was quick and very reasonable.  I wouldn't hesitate in using them again!  Sorry that the below card is so big......

RealRefrigeration.jpg.d2c6881171f43a53e5c1ce159be0f533.jpg

Yes they are great. Went to their shop this morning at 9 am because my Whirpool fridge stopped working. They told me that they would come by between 10 and 10:30. I was blown away when they showed up on time and had my fridge working within 30 minutes (burned out relay).

• Like 2