Chapala.com Webboard

Easter hordes invading Lakside

Whatever you do each year at this time, don't even consider going to the beach. It's 3 times as bad there. Always stock up on food, tequila and pesos and enjoy the long weekend at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Not so much anymore and if the current trend based on this administration continues, the lack of infrastructure....thinking water in particular,  is going to create megaproblems.

This administration will end probably with nothing done to alleviate the problems.  The next will come and who knows what they will or won't do.  We can't cancel holidays so I guess we all, individually, need to think about our water supplies and make sure we have extra in reserve for holidays.   Regarding the traffic, our theory is buy what supplies are needed early and stay off the streets on 3 day weekends.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Well I guess it's dat time of year to be invaded by hordes of Tapito's, ...

Well I guess since this is THEIR country, foreigners resident in same should be thankful it's as easy as it is for outsiders to come and live here rather than resent their "invasion".  For shame!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

Well I guess since this is THEIR country, foreigners resident in same should be thankful it's as easy as it is for outsiders to come and live here rather than resent their "invasion".  For shame!!!!!

Really, I think many of us were here before the "yuppie" Tapitos and most of us do not leave trash behind, did I say invasion. Maybe you live mean and lean but my family as many other "foreigners". give back mucho in time,talent and dollar. If "they* feel I am a burden just kick me out. This foreigners their country is a lot of BS which you and fellow travelers keep pontificating is weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

21 hours ago, chapalence said:

Not so much anymore and if the current trend based on this administration continues, the lack of infrastructure....thinking water in particular,  is going to create megaproblems.

Oh, if only there were such a product!

(Sorry, Chapalence, couldn't resist! 😉)

• Haha 2

Many on this site have lived in Mexico for over twenty years.  Many on this site have Nationalized.  Many are permanente.  Many will be Nationalized.  Many will become permanente when appropriate.   IMHO we are here legally and therefore are not "invader's".   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:36 AM, pappysmarket said:

Whatever you do each year at this time, don't even consider going to the beach. It's 3 times as bad there. 

Center of town in Guayabitos last night. Three times as bad is probably an understatement.

May be an image of one or more people and crowd

The beach was full too, not to mention all the coastal roads.

May be an image of 1 person

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, John Shrall said:

Center of town in Guayabitos last night. Three times as bad is probably an understatement.

May be an image of one or more people and crowd

The beach was full too, not to mention all the coastal roads.

May be an image of 1 person

Yup, I was trying not to exaggerate, lol. Holy Week is a great time to visit Mexico City, they have all gone to the beach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Yup, I was trying not to exaggerate, lol. Holy Week is a great time to visit Mexico City, they have all gone to the beach.

Unfortunately, I found that not to be true. I've gone to Mexico City twice for Semana Santa in the past few years and the residents who had departed for elsewhere were more than made up for by tourists - many from Central and South America, but also many non-Chilangos who thought it would be nearly deserted. 

• Thanks 1

Well  people are starting to get out in big numbers after years of covid hysteria.  We were in Manzanillo and it was a zoo.  Fortunately we were far enough down the beach so it was not bad right there.  A lot of traffic but unlike here, the main road is well engineered and signalized to keep things moving.