Chapala.com Webboard

Lower SAT

I noticed yesterday 3 neighbors in lower SAT getting water delivery.  I was driving so couldn’t stop to ask.  Checked our ajibe when I got back and it’s getting low, and it’s always full.   I checked simapa Facebook and there’s no notices about water interruption or work in progress.  Anybody heard anything?

Here in Riberas, there has been almost no water since Friday.  Pipa truck driver says problems abound.  Odd that SIMAPA (Still-Implying-Might- Actually-Provide-Agua) says they are having well pump problems since about two months ago they did a week long well service and nobody had water in this area for over a week.  This was done to avoid water shortage problems in the near future...now.  They should be drilling more wells and better maintaining ones they have.  Of course we are now in the Easter time of year when nobody does anything so I'm guessing this problem will be ongoing until after the spring break...when SIMAPA workers return well rested from the beach.

Alan

• Thanks 1

After 20 years I have tried to live with it, knowing that SIMAPA cannot always meet our needs.  Old equipment, pumps breaking, old pipes breaking, problems with the wells.  Frustrating to say the least.   Let's clear more land, and build more developments so more and more can come and stress the roads, and the electrical grid.  Drill more wells....it all comes from the same aquifer.  Where is the money to pay for all this?  

• Like 1