Chapala.com Webboard

Clock Adjustment / Time change

14 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

For cell service, I use Verizon but through Telcel and my clock was moved forward. My internet through ILOX did the same despite being on GDL time zone. Anyone else?

Nope.  We have 2 Telcel plans and nothing changed.

1 hour ago, timjwilson said:

For cell service, I use Verizon but through Telcel and my clock was moved forward. My internet through ILOX did the same despite being on GDL time zone. Anyone else?

My Tecell phone moved forward, the computer did too.  I'm on Ilox.

Edited by bournemouth
error

18 minutes ago, Ferret said:

My cell phone (Telcel) moved ahead one hour and my laptop (TotalPlay) did not.

Every cell phone and laptop is going to be different so just google "how to change the time on (put in your device)" and follow the instructions. My cell phone (an old Samsung S4) now has the correct time.

• Thanks 1

An acquaintance has a Motorola cellphone bought in Mexico w/Telcel and it advanced; we could NOT get it switched back at all, tried all time settings. My CDN Motorola with Telcel did not change. My neighbour told me today that it was DST... I had to explain no.... they are with Telcel

Yes, it was confusing this morning, but no need for apocalyptic conspiracy theories as some people I  know mentioned.  That said, I think a lot of people who think they prefer no time change won't be happy when June and July roll around and it gets dark at 8pm.  Gonna miss those long summer days!

23 hours ago, Natasha said:

Nothing happened here    Microsoft on desktop   TP for internet / TV / phone     Samsung G5 cell  with NO data, NO plan but gets whatsapp/gmail, etc if near wifi

Apparently I'm too dense to notice.... turns out my cell phone DID change ( a lot of searching last night got me to a place I could change it).... and while my desktop did NOT, my Panasonic  hand-held 3-pce phone set DID.  (Totalplay for all so go figure.......)  Only saw it this morning when I glanced up at phone. As usual. tech is NOT at the top of my high-priority list.  Thank heaven for wall clocks 🤣

• Haha 1

LOL, I got into the car and saw the time on the KIA display and thought "Oh my gosh, I'm LATE!!!" Then, I checked the time on my Fitbit and iPhone and they confirmed I was still on time.

Now, to figure out how to change the clock time on the KIA..... First world problems.

Happy Spring, everyone!

Val :)

meanwhile...... my desktop remains unaffected, but I've reset the clock on our Panasonic 3-handset set of phones 3 times.  Turn my back and they reset themselves back again?????  Since they and the desktop run off the same modem..............¿quien sabe?