Chapala.com Webboard

Beta Blocker Availability

I've been treated for hypertension since age 21 (thanks, Dad). Went in to have my wisdom teeth extracted while in the service, and they wouldn't cut me. Who knew? Have taken something for it ever since. Problem solved.

These days I'm taking a beta blocker called nadolol (brand name Corgard) and am looking for a pharmacy that carries it. Farmacia Guadalajara doesn't, so before I scour the area, does anyone know of a pharmacy that does?

Thanks. Mail order is probably where I'll end up, but for now I need a local source.

LQ

23 hours ago, Lou Quillio said:

I've been treated for hypertension since age 21 (thanks, Dad). Went in to have my wisdom teeth extracted while in the service, and they wouldn't cut me. Who knew? Have taken something for it ever since. Problem solved.

These days I'm taking a beta blocker called nadolol (brand name Corgard) and am looking for a pharmacy that carries it. Farmacia Guadalajara doesn't, so before I scour the area, does anyone know of a pharmacy that does?

Thanks. Mail order is probably where I'll end up, but for now I need a local source.

LQ

Go see Gabriela at Farmex....it's the plaza just west of Panchos in Riberas. She can get almost anything and everything. She will help you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Guiness said:

Gabriela at Farmex

Excellent, thanks.

Still have access to near zero-cost RXs in the States, so I don't need to buy locally ... yet. But the research is eye-opening. They tend to prescribe the latest and greatest in the U.S., whether necessary or not, because it's reckoned you're not spending your own money anyway. Then there's the racket where a 25mg formulation is dirt cheap, but the price for 50mg is 10x.

Same BS happens around here, too. So far from god, and so close to the United States.

LQ

4 hours ago, Lou Quillio said:

Excellent, thanks.

Still have access to near zero-cost RXs in the States, so I don't need to buy locally ... yet. But the research is eye-opening. They tend to prescribe the latest and greatest in the U.S., whether necessary or not, because it's reckoned you're not spending your own money anyway. Then there's the racket where a 25mg formulation is dirt cheap, but the price for 50mg is 10x.

Same BS happens around here, too. So far from god, and so close to the United States.

LQ

With respect my sister NOB has excellent Humans Insurance and most/ all her meds are generic equvliant

15 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

most/ all her meds are generic equvliant

My current coverage is gold-plated and my meds are all generic. The racket runs deeper than generic vs. brand name, I'm afraid.

LQ

• Like 1