Chapala.com Webboard

A friend of mine is employing two nurses full time. Is there a way to provide them Mexican public health coverage.

A friend of mine is employing two nurses full time. Is there a way to provide them Mexican public health coverage?

(Previously, they were hired through a nursing company, but the nurses talked my friend into paying the full amount he was giving to the nursing company directly to them so they could make more money. A mistake in hindsight, because that money was covering the vacation, end-of-year bonus and health care in addition to their cash salary.)

I am told that only a company can provide public health coverage. Perhaps there is a company that would allow my friend to hire the nurses through their company and pay the company for the cost of the insurance?

If you have any info that could help, or a referral to a company or attorney that could help, I would much appreciate it. My friend is elderly and basically bedridden so I am trying to help out.

Your friend is obligated by law, as their employer, to enroll them in the social security system of Mexico.  Then they will receive medical coverage and retirement benefits. 

Your friend will bear the expense as their employer. They do not need to be a company to do so.

https://imss.gob.mx/personas-trabajadoras-hogar/como-lo-hago

If your friend needs help then he should contact an accountant to help with the process, 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 6:59 PM, Mostlylost said:

Your friend is obligated by law as, their employer, to enroll them in teh social security system of Mexico.  Then they will receive medical coverage and retirement benefits. 

You're friend will bear the expense as their employer. They do not need to be a company to do so.

https://imss.gob.mx/personas-trabajadoras-hogar/como-lo-hago

If you're friend needs halp then he should contact an accountant to halp with teh process, 

What if you engage them with a contract that sets out the specific details of the work, no benefits, etc. but an attractive package? Again talk with an attorney.

Your just raised her cost 37% she has to pay much extra on top the salary she's paying. Wrong move. That's you hire an agency to pay that so you do not hire an Mexican account to do all that tax and benefit filing. Does she own a house if does not pay that it will taken out of the proceeds when house onwership changes.

your frind made a mistake.. If she was not at their mercy she should fire them pay them off , hopefully they were not there long as independent and hire them via the nursing home again or get a lawyer to draw a contract and hire new people on her term. An accountant can figure out the IMSS. 

Be careful I have heard of nurses doing that and then wanting more mony.. because the labor laws were not followed. Your friend needs a lawyer to help her and an account to handle the IMSS.

• Like 1