Chapala.com Webboard

Are you surprised you have to pay at a check out?

19 hours ago, Natasha said:

You'd have a lot better off to go to "El Pechugón"......... angled corner window near Mia's (and the now defunct Ajijic pawn shop).      IMO Dusty Chicken is always a little overcooked, where El Pechugón are on a rotisserie, not a grill, and much juicier.  And close to your home too!

There are many things about Mexico I miss here in the RGV and Pechugon is right up at the top. Closest to me is in Monterey.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:05 AM, BenjiBoy said:

Have you noticed, after waiting on a long line at WalStupid that the person in front of you seems surprised that they are expected, long after their order is rung up,  to pay? 

Happened again today at Walmart. A lady in front of me fills the conveyor belt with a cart full of merchandise, watches it being scanned in and loaded into her cart and only after the cashier tells her the total does she begin retrieving her purse and fumbling for her wallet. She then proceeded to laboriously count out the exact change down to the peso.

Wonder how long before I get there?

SunFan

• Haha 1

I know her....she is a WalStupid employee...her job is  to maintain "casual" flow at checkouts...she also leaves her cart in the middle of a parking spot and then has been instructed to back her car out, very slowly.....and then repeat the entire activity....her name is Megan Swingleheimer and she has lived here 22 years and is still leaning her first Spanish word....."banola." Her husband is the man that yells  ...."wash." Although he doesn't wash anything.

Fred Habacht

14 hours ago, SunFan said:

Happened again today at Walmart. A lady in front of me fills the conveyor belt with a cart full of merchandise, watches it being scanned in and loaded into her cart and only after the cashier tells her the total does she begin retrieving her purse and fumbling for her wallet. She then proceeded to laboriously count out the exact change down to the peso.

Wonder how long before I get there?

SunFan

My wife sends her apologies for the delay, I keep telling her to Just walk out without paying 

3 hours ago, BenjiBoy said:

I know her....she is a WalStupid employee...her job is  to maintain "casual" flow at checkouts...she also leaves her cart in the middle of a parking spot and then has been instructed to back her car out, very slowly.....and then repeat the entire activity....her name is Megan Swingleheimer and she has lived here 22 years and is still leaning her first Spanish word....."banola." Her husband is the man that yells  ...."wash." Although he doesn't wash anything.

Fred Habacht

Fred why do you put your self through the agony of visiting Ajijic and Wally mart. You out of town folks only add to the congestion and we don't need more complainers 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/27/2023 at 12:49 PM, Natasha said:

You'd have a lot better off to go to "El Pechugón"......... angled corner window near Mia's (and the now defunct Ajijic pawn shop).      IMO Dusty Chicken is always a little overcooked, where El Pechugón are on a rotisserie, not a grill, and much juicier.  And close to your home too!

Can't find answer by searching.  Do you know what time El Pechugon opens?