Chapala.com Webboard

My review of Bazaars

I have been selling off a lot of our household items...both decorative and functional...with some success and some failures.:

The best places allow my payments from sales to be picked up any day that they are open vs the ones that allow a certain day per week. My picks are for the ones that enter the items so that the items that are sold are easy to identify...I have experienced one Bazaar that couldn't find my items and would not pay for those that were missing....I will not use them again. I like a Bazaar that "thanks" me for bringing in items vs the ones that pretend they are doing me a favor taking the items. One Bazaar displayed the items so poorly that they didn't sell...but when moved to another Bazaar...all items were gone within a few days. One place showed my items so poorly that even I couldn't find my own stuff. 

Few will pay for clothing, shoes or books.

Toda Bueno has been my best market for my items so far.......They use volunteer workers who want to be there rather than "have" to be there. Their suggested retail prices have been fairly accurate for quick sales....negatives: poor parking, no pick up of large items, and smaller sales space than some other outlets.

I won't name the bad outlets as they just are not good business people but it is not deliberate on their part. Some places look and act as if they had no other use for their space so a Bazaar was the next best choice to leaving it empty. 

Fred Habacht

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Todo Bueno has sold many items for me in the past. excellent service high traffic, store has many lights on the cieling, best thing about Todo bueno is that all the profits go about 15 different charities lakeside, not just one charity. they a room in the building in thier back yard for large furniture. i was able to drive my SUV down the driveway and get closer to the back room to unload.

You made a good point benjiboy money can get picked up any day, which is great.

A couple of times my items sold in few days. 

One of the things i really like about Todo Bueno they serve the Mexcian community by having good quality used clothes at a fair price. it appear there pricing policy is one price for shirts, one price for pants etc. so locals can get good used clothes a fair price. When i visit i see many Mexcians shopping there.

I plan to donate a box of used good clothes to them next month and some small household items.

2 hours ago, traderspoc said:

Todo Bueno has sold many items for me in the past. excellent service high traffic, store has many lights on the cieling, best thing about Todo bueno is that all the profits go about 15 different charities lakeside, not just one charity. they a room in the building in thier back yard for large furniture. i was able to drive my SUV down the driveway and get closer to the back room to unload.

You made a good point benjiboy money can get picked up any day, which is great.

A couple of times my items sold in few days. 

One of the things i really like about Todo Bueno they serve the Mexcian community by having good quality used clothes at a fair price. it appear there pricing policy is one price for shirts, one price for pants etc. so locals can get good used clothes a fair price. When i visit i see many Mexcians shopping there.

I plan to donate a box of used good clothes to them next month and some small household items.

I found your remark about good quality clothes on spot.  Mexicans have told me that expats believe Mexicans will buy anything. Why, I was asked," do people think we Mexicans want damaged clothes?"  holes, dirt, paint etc.  Any old castoff.