Chapala.com Webboard

Good Gardener Looking for work

Shag

I called him yesterday. He returned my call as promised in the afternoon. He will be coming by today to see what I want done. This is just work as needed. Stuff I can't or don't want to do. His English is perfect and says he has all necessary tools plus truck. So far, so good. 

• Like 1

I doubt we're talking about the same one. Ernesto has been punctual with every phone call and appointment. He made knowledgeable suggestions to my requests, gave me an approximate time to complete the work and a fair cost. I'm expecting him at noon tomorrow. 

He related to me that he was working at a large landscaping company in Kansas and attending college when his father had a heartattach and he moved his family here. Very professional. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2023 at 5:37 AM, sunnyvmx said:

I called him yesterday. He returned my call as promised in the afternoon. He will be coming by today to see what I want done. This is just work as needed. Stuff I can't or don't want to do. His English is perfect and says he has all necessary tools plus truck. So far, so good. 

that is great, hope it works out.  Yes he spent his whole life in the states

You are all talking about the same person. Ernesto Barron has been my gardener for over 5 years. He does a good job when he shows up. I think my problem is that I only need him for a few hours every other week and so it is too easy to move my time around till I'm never sure when he will be here. I am pretty laid back about the garden but if you are not, he may not be the best choice.

My experience with Ernesto could not have been better. Arrived on time, worked efficiently with his tools. Accomplished all that I asked and more in the 3 hours he estimated.  His cost included the 150ps for the dump.