Chapala.com Webboard

Best Labs & Pharmacies

Dab

My preferences are the Farmacia Maskaras for meds and Chopo for lab work. As far as labs are concerned, find a good one and do NOT change. Each lab has specific means of testing for whatever and results will vary from one lab to another. Here, there are two locations for Chopo... one beside Marisa's Bakery in the Dermika Mall and the other adjacent to Pancho's East. Both of those send the blood to the big main lab in Guadalajara. There are often price breaks and specials if you book online.

• Like 1

I get really good service and prices at the pharmacy next to Mascaras farmacia, Gabby is the owner.  I use Cendial Lab right behind the gas station on the libramiento.  Always ask for your senior discount. They send most everything to Guad and you get your results same or next day by email to you and any doc you choose.

I use to always go to CHPO because they seemed professional and always wore gloves with blood draws. I didn't realize they were expensive because I did not have experience with other labs. They people who are there now do not wear gloves.  A doctor ( with no financial ties) recommended BEST labs. That is when I saw the price difference and they wear gloves.  Why is this important? I don't know where , who or how these technicians are taught but to me it is a sign of medical competence to wear gloves.  I am not afraid of what I might contract but they should be afraid of what they might .. I could have aids, hepatitis etc.

Sometimes inserting a needle into the vein, withdrawing it or applying a Band-Aid , bare hands will come in contact with blood.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maryanna said:

I use to always go to CHPO because they seemed professional and always wore gloves with blood draws. I didn't realize they were expensive because I did not have experience with other labs. They people who are there now do not wear gloves.  A doctor ( with no financial ties) recommended BEST labs. That is when I saw the price difference and they wear gloves.  Why is this important? I don't know where , who or how these technicians are taught but to me it is a sign of medical competence to wear gloves.  I am not afraid of what I might contract but they should be afraid of what they might .. I could have aids, hepatitis etc.

Sometimes inserting a needle into the vein, withdrawing it or applying a Band-Aid , bare hands will come in contact with blood.

opps CHOPO

Agreed. If you are doing one test (like an INR) then shop around. But, you may also want to check out the website of Chopo where you can bundle tests, book an appointment at your chosen Chopo location and pay with a credit card. They also store your results for instant recall.

I tend to get the Basic 45 Element with Thyroid check for 2024.25 once a year... Promotions | Poplar Medical Laboratory (chopo.com.mx)   Exactly the same as the FIRST choice except for the thyroid tests. But if I add the thyroid tests separately they will cost 996.54 added to that FIRST package shown which is 1724.25 for a grand total of 2720.79. That's a no brainer for me.

I am comfortable around nearly all things tested in a lab using blood and I realize that many are not. Still, there's more information for less money if you delve into it a little. It's because many analyzers are going to do ALL the tests whether you want the results or not. Yeah, I know. Sneaky. On the other hand, why doesn't your Doctor inform you of this.

For any meaningful continuity, you need to go back to the same place. If you are happy with the facilities then stick with it and reduce any variances between results. I use a small hole-in-the-wall lab that was in Chapala on Cinco de Mayo, but then moved a few blocks north. For Xrays I use the SAH