Chapala.com Webboard

Best Places to send FAX to Canada

On 3/15/2023 at 5:40 PM, Natasha said:

Apparently we can FAX our tax returns this year ( non-resident, not the "usual" return).  This would be great but haven't needed to FAX anything for years.  Where is the best place to go for several pages each person?     Gracias

I hadn't heard about this. Tried to find it on CRA's website but couldn't. Do you have a link to the information? Thanks.

it ONLY applies to international mail  ( reason given is slow mail delivery).  It's in the Sec 217 area down lower ( near completion and sending) instructions.  Can't find it right now, but if you go to cra website, and go to forms and instructions for your particular case, follow your nose.  If you still don't find it send me a pm and when I have more time I'll find it for you.

Found it here https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/non-residents-canada.html in the Which income tax package should you use? section, right above the Filing due date heading.

"Due to international mail delays, the CRA is temporarily accepting non-resident income tax returns through fax. You can fax your return to the tax centre applicable to your country of residence."

I haven't done my taxes yet. If you successfully send yours by fax please let me know. Thanks very much for posting this.

33 minutes ago, Frijoles said:

I haven't done my taxes yet. If you successfully send yours by fax please let me know. Thanks very much for posting this.

Well done!   Ours aren't ready either and don't have to be there until June 30 but I always send early to be safe.  IF the FAX machine tells me "rec'd"      ( they used to, but now???) I'll assume so, but will call a couple of weeks later to be sure...............    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Out1 said:

I faxed my 2022 form to the Winnipeg fax number 2 weeks ago; 3 days later had my notice of assessment and 1 week after that my refund was in the bank.

And do you file as non-resident?  With usual due date June 30?

Not enough need for pay-as-you-play FAX svce and too chicken to use them or free ones anyway.     Security freak here... private browsing, history deleted every time desktop turned off, etc. The kind person mailing ours from within Ontario is much appreciated and will be more than good enough for us.