Chapala.com Webboard

La Floresta High Rise

We have bought an apartment there and the scheduled completion is OCTOBER 23. The first tower has been completed we are in the 2nd tower. We think the location and amenities will be first class. The construction was slowed because of the availability of skilled labor. The initial design was 7 floors high but compromised to 5 to satisfy the "Protests".

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

My reasons - Your first clue should be the "Protests"

- first tower has been completed we are in the 2nd tower. 

- The initial design was 7 floors high but compromised to 5...

SO MUCH FOR THE VIEWS OF OTHERS. AND, ISN'T AJIJIC A VILLAGE,  NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A CITY WITH HIGH RISES?   NEXT THERE WILL BE BILLBOARDS ALL OVER THE PLACE, THEN A MCDONALD'S ON THE PLAZA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

The land used for this construction used to be part of the 2 clay tennis courts which were part of the yacht club property. It was my understanding, and I could be wrong, that the original plan was approved for 3 stories. Once the building far exceeded the original permitted height it was shut down. For years. It sounds like 5 might have been the compromise between 3 and 7.

7 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

The land used for this construction used to be part of the 2 clay tennis courts which were part of the yacht club property. It was my understanding, and I could be wrong, that the original plan was approved for 3 stories. Once the building far exceeded the original permitted height it was shut down. For years. It sounds like 5 might have been the compromise between 3 and 7.

I don't believe it was shut down because of "lack of skilled labor".

• Like 4

On 3/15/2023 at 8:00 PM, HarryB said:

How can you get clear title when some of it is allegedly built on federal property?

We owned land in a Federal Zone (Beach front) in San Carlos, Sonora by using a Fidiecomiso (Bank Trust).  

For more information on owning property in Federal Zones or Ejido land, refer to the links below:

https://mexicodeed.com/

https://mexlaw.com/ejido-mexican-concept-misunderstood-foreigners/

https://www.mexperience.com/legal-title-of-mexican-property/

• Like 1

I believe that the local law allows only 2 story buildings.  With a variance,  they were ok'd to build three stories.  When the building reached 7 stories, progress was stopped and they had to tear off the top 2 stories down to 5 as a compromise.  Some compromise!  Newbies will probably be OK with the building but the rest of us residents and the Mexicans are NOT happy about the building at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yo1 said:

I believe that the local law allows only 2 story buildings.  With a variance,  they were ok'd to build three stories.  When the building reached 7 stories, progress was stopped and they had to tear off the top 2 stories down to 5 as a compromise.  Some compromise!  Newbies will probably be OK with the building but the rest of us residents and the Mexicans are NOT happy about the building at all.

With respect we/you/I all have opinions  about what Ajijic is, was, and the future. For the majority of you who have posted do not get to vote...just whine whine whine. You whine about Walmart, you whine about Omar, The Radisson Bue hi rise, you whine about the traffic, you whine about Telmex, the restaurant on the pier, the seats on the malacon, The Mexican mail, etc etc etc.

Ajijic lost its charm many many years ago when the first Gringos "found" the place, latter it became a Gringo ghetto when the last Mexican village house was sold for under $40,000usd (1990's) and a couple of Gringo speculators were busy remodeling the properties (1 couple are still around to day).

Many of you are carry the "luggage" and "guilt" from NOB, you whine about the USA government, but never refuse  your SS checks . Fortunately most of us were not Refugees, we came here on our own freewill, attracted by the Climate, Cost of living and Cultural...and able to move on if we so desire.

Lets face reality , abuse of land regulation at lakeside  has gone on for "ever" , its part of the "Culture" . A case in point is the encroachment of the many Mexican owned stores/business on the Cararretera. And YO 1 for your information most of the owners at Nimue are Mexicans......PEACE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder if the developers who lied about the hight actually built the underpinnings for 7 stories or for 2 or 3. When the cracks start to show the developers will be long gone and we'll be left with a big half sold eyesore blocking people's views. Just a thought.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 7:45 PM, mexijims1 said:

Down here, you are at high risk to put money down on a high rise place that has not already been built out.  All I know is that I have been looking at that crane from a distance for several years.

I hope it works out for those who have invested. 

i hope you have a clause in your contract , that if they exceed a certain time period they start paying you interest.

I know client that has that had a clause in the building next to coca cola, after 2 years to pay 10% interest. the owner chose to give the money back to client instead of payig 10% interest after two year or more delay. 

also are you on maybe on federal land,  theres a lot of land fill that was going out to federal land years ago.

Do they have the right permits, for the filled in area facing the lake., wherethe garden and painted boats are.

They filled in the area where the pilicians used to hang out.

I hope you are still alive and in good health when they finish the project.

I know several ethical real estate agents will not sell anyone a property in building, until its fully built and funded.  most buildings are under funded and need buyers to build them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

I wonder if the developers who lied about the hight actually built the underpinnings for 7 stories or for 2 or 3. When the cracks start to show the developers will be long gone and we'll be left with a big half sold eyesore blocking people's views. Just a thought.

My dear do not lose any sleep , its not your problem..

1 hour ago, traderspoc said:

i hope you have a clause in your contract , that if they exceed a certain time period they start paying you interest.

I know client that has that had a clause in the building next to coca cola, after 2 years to pay 10% interest. the owner chose to give the money back to client instead of payig 10% interest after two year or more delay. 

also are you on maybe on federal land,  theres a lot of land fill that was going out to federal land years ago.

Do they have the right permits, for the filled in area facing the lake., wherethe garden and painted boats are.

They filled in the area where the pilcian used to hang out.

I hope you are still alive and in good health when they finish the project.

I know several ethical real estate agents will not sell anyone a property in building, until its fully built and funded.  most buildings are under funded and need buyers to build them.

My friend, why do you care a sh*T?. Its totally amazing what extra time folks have on their hands ....How many times have people questioned your BINGO are the attendees going to an illegal game??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1