Chapala.com Webboard

US daylight savings time

1 hour ago, sm1mex said:

Yes. We will have a 2 hour behind US for many months until they go back on standard time. Then 1 hour behind them. AMLO says no more changing of clocks. 

.... but your example is correct only in one US time zone. There are 4. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, RickS said:

is correct only in one US time zone

Correctamundo. When the U.S. starts Daylight Time, most of Mexico will be on par with U.S. Eastern. When they go back to Standard Time, we'll be the same as U.S. Central, as we are now.

LQ

2 hours ago, Lou Quillio said:

Correctamundo. When the U.S. starts Daylight Time, most of Mexico will be on par with U.S. Eastern. When they go back to Standard Time, we'll be the same as U.S. Central, as we are now.

LQ

Won't we be the same as Mountain time? They are moving their clocks forward 1 hour and we stay the same. There used to be one hour difference from Eastern, now there will be 2. Mountain used to be 1 hour earlier than us, now the same. It really is pretty confusing!

Jalisco will be on Central Standard Time all year and will no longer observe daylight savings time. From March to November we will technically be on Mountain Daylight Time putting us in the same time zone as Denver.

Arizona figured this out a long time ago. They are on year-round Mountain Standard time and as such will always be 1 hour behind us.

25 minutes ago, oasiscloud said:

Won't we be the same as Mountain time?

Oh. I suppose that's right. 😶 "Spring ahead" means "later."

My personal solution is to not care. Most of the time I don't know what day of the week it is. OTOH, I've been thirty-three years old since 1993, so don't go by me.

LQ

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Lou Quillio said:

Oh. I suppose that's right. 😶 "Spring ahead" means "later."

My personal solution is to not care. Most of the time I don't know what day of the week it is. OTOH, I've been thirty-three years old since 1993, so don't go by me.

LQ

Yep, that's the best, don't worry about it! We'll figure the time out sooner or later!