Chapala.com Webboard

Colonoscopy

Mijo

Depends entirely where you get it done, age group ( some labs offer  senior discounts), whether you pay cash or not, whether it's one of their   "monthly deals" or not. Tolsa and Chopo in Guad are quite competitive and excellent, and in my mind worth the effort to go there.

• Like 1

I Guess you could get it in Guadalajara cheaper but need a friend or driver to take you to and home as they won’t let you drive home due to sedation. If you have a friend to drive you into  Guadalajara and drive you back it would be cheaper. If not here you could get a taxi. Here a friend or taxi less time consuming and cheaper for the transportation. 

i have had several colonoscopies over the years at the VA in austin, same GI doctor. when i had the last one he recommended that i not get the anesthesia. he was right , some pressure but no pain and recovery was much easier. i will not use anesthesia on any more colonoscopy procedures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RickS said:

Just curious as to how much out-of-pocket a colonoscopy there would cost....

On Friday, $8800 cash (all inclusive, except for the prep which you get at your farmacia, cost of about $600) plus $500 per polyp biopsied. Doctor and anesthesiologist came from Guadalajara. You get a receipt for cash from the hospital; the actual bll/payment info is received from your doctor when results are received, in about a week.

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is unaware a 'virtual colonoscopy' or CT scan is an alternative. I have only had these as a precautional preventative to potential injury [due to birth malformities]. Of course presence of polyps would require a true colonoscopy. One advantage is that organs are also scanned for abnormalities. I have no clue as to availability nor cost locally.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

In case anyone is unaware a 'virtual colonoscopy' or CT scan is an alternative.............. I have only had these as a precautional preventative ....... I have no clue as to availability nor cost locally. 

Have you had these in Guad? If yes, where?   Gracias

47 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

Only Canada but I see no reason they would not be available in GDL. I'll be searching in 5 years.

https://www.chopo.com.mx/jalisco/colonoscopia-virtual 

Chopo;

• Poplar Justo Sierra
    Justo Sierra Avenue 2350,
    Ladrón Guevara, Guad,
    Jalisco,
    Mexico. -44600    Nuestro precio en sucursal $3,935.00 Precio en línea $2,951.25 Tu ahorro en línea $983.75                      This sounds like a heck of a deal compared to $12,000.00 in Riberas
  • Homeland
    La Patria Avenue 1744,
    Santa Isabel, Zapopa,
    Jalisco,
    Mexico. -     
  • Like 1