Chapala.com Webboard

Need a gas stove repair

Lexy

Can anyone recommend a capable person to do a gas stove repair? None of the burners can be turned down to a proper low flame when needed and food is getting burned. It's not a difficult fix, as shown on the internet, but I don't want to attempt it myself. Landlord's guy was no good.

Can anyone give me a name and number of a good person to call, please? I live in Riberas.

Lexy

Tio Sam's is bringing a technician down from Guadalajara on Thursday. I'm on the list for the guy to check out my 10 year old GE Profile Oven. Gualberto and Carlos can't figure out the problem and the one guess they have requires a part they say is unavailable.

Carlos can probably take a look if the problem appears to be simple. 765-5653

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, the Mabe/GE Profile technician from Guadalajara that Tio Sam's said could help with my oven came by today. He actually had an ignitor in the car which turned out to be the part causing my oven to fail sporadically over the last 2 years. If you have a problem that the local folks can't seem to diagnose or can't find a part, go to Tio Sam's and make an appointment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another referral for Tio Sam's stove/range repair. I had a 15 year old Smeg that I bought from them. I put up up with a small irritating problem for years, oven not lighting automatically. Made the appointment through Tio Sam, which I didn't know they did when the appliance was years out of warranty.

They made the repair. Said they'd get the part from Italy if they had to order it, which turned out not to be necessary. It's not technically an antique, but it's one of those things that will run forever, while quietly deteriorating. THEN, they said they could refurbish the whole thing. Cleaning and whatever ,,,  /waves hand airily. When your appliance is called Smeg, you don't ask too many questions.

So I made another appointment for that. They came back promptly. Got the whole thing running like new. Totally recommend the professionalism, knowledge... everything about the service.

• Like 2

Tio Sam's has been wonderful for me. I am slowly replacing the appliances that were in my house and have bought them all from Tio Sam's... and I bought them all on sale... but I love their concept of service and repair. Worth every penny!

• Like 4

I went there on Buen Fin one year and was shocked. It looked like the whole store was on sale. Great prices too. That's something to keep in mind.

50 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Tio Sam's has been wonderful for me. I am slowly replacing the appliances that were in my house and have bought them all from Tio Sam's... and I bought them all on sale... but I love their concept of service and repair. Worth every penny!

Damn Sea! You gave away my secret! Not only do they have great sales but they have a GREAT choice in everything. I did have to wait five weeks until it could be delivered but, again, more than worth it. Most people on here know that I research everything to death, so when I go shopping, I'm armed with a lot of information and Tio Sam's never fails me during Buen Fin.

• Like 2