Chapala.com Webboard

Costco Riberas

rafterbr

We shopped at Costco Riberas today and I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of things offered.  Most were of larger size.  They had cereals, bottled and canned products and paper products.  Fresh vegetables and fruit and refrigerated dairy products.  Store was very clean and prices reasonable. It is located on carreterra west of Food Container..  

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

We shopped at Costco Riberas today and I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of things offered.  Most were of larger size.  They had cereals, bottled and canned products and paper products.  Fresh vegetables and fruit and refrigerated dairy products.  Store was very clean and prices reasonable. It is located on carreterra west of Food Container..  

Really, I wish, I guess that's news to me and other Lakesider's

Sign outside says COSTCO,  Fresh Market I believe is further West on the carrettera.  This is very near Food Container like a couple stores down.  What I believe  is fresh market is a long ways from their.

I stand corrected.  The store I went to has two entrances.  One entrance has COSTCO above it and the other has Fresh Market.  I went in the COSTCO side and didn't really see the Fresh Market sign.  Both sign's are about the same size.  I too wonder about them using the COSTCO signage but either way it was a nice store.

When picking up Costco Paper towels at the two small stores mentioned above, I asked a staff member how much most expensive the Costco products are than what they paid Costco and I was told on two different occasions that the markup for them was 10% here lakeside.

1 hour ago, johanson said:

.... that the markup for them was 10% here lakeside.

Well THAT'S a great bargain to get 'everyday' COSTCO product for just 10% above what one would pay if they drove all the way to Guadalajara.  IMO of course. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 8:21 PM, RickS said:

Well THAT'S a great bargain to get 'everyday' COSTCO product for just 10% above what one would pay if they drove all the way to Guadalajara.  IMO of course. 

You're right if you're talking just one or two items, but I think the best bargain for more would be the Lakeside guys. All of the Costco products and just the delivery charge. It's worth it to me not to have to drive into the madness that's Guad (although I still do).

http://www.lakeside-ss.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2