Chapala.com Webboard

Power outage in upper Ajijic

johanson

The power went out sometime this morning after 9 AM and is still out as it approaches noon. Let's hope CFE finds and solves the problem soon. Apparently it is out in upper and westerly Ajijic. I do not know about any other areas with power outages

I also got a message on my cell phone from Telmex that I am in an area effected by a Telmex telephone outage, and that they were area of the problem and working to fix it. That message was sent near noon, well after the power outage. 

I tried making several cellphone calls which also would not go through.

Oh well, at least I have a small battery backup system allowing me internet connectivity over Wizz the cable company but not over Telmex Infinitum. And providing very limited lighting, should the need arise.

There was a big boom I heard around that time. It was definitely a transformer and I thought for a moment it would affect Las Salvias but it wasn't.

You can make a report of an outage on the CFE portal or the app. It's a lot easier than dragging out the bill, dialing CFE and presenting the information.

5 hours ago, johanson said:

The power went out sometime this morning after 9 AM and is still out as it approaches noon. Let's hope CFE finds and solves the problem soon. Apparently it is out in upper and westerly Ajijic. I do not know about any other areas with power outages

I also got a message on my cell phone from Telmex that I am in an area effected by a Telmex telephone outage, and that they were area of the problem and working to fix it. That message was sent near noon, well after the power outage. 

I tried making several cellphone calls which also would not go through.

Oh well, at least I have a small battery backup system allowing me internet connectivity over Wizz the cable company but not over Telmex Infinitum. And providing very limited lighting, should the need arise.

Pete, it sounds like your belt and braces system lacks a separate Generator Package....

Rather than a generator, I use 8 deep cell auto batteries which are continuously charged by my solar panels when the sun is shining. And provide power to the more important circuits when CFE stops providing power. So far it has been working great. It's just that I cannot use my microwave oven, swimming pool motor, and a few other products when the CFE power is out as these are a few of the items that are not connected and therefore not protected by my solar panel backup system.

For those with interest in current tech, here are a few energy storage / backup systems we've installed locally with a range of hybrid inverters or inverter-chargers, all using li-ion battery systems in the range of 5 to 20 kWh of capacity.      Larger ones can run a whole house including pool pump and AC, more typical is auto backup for the essential loads such as fridge, lighting, communications, water pump, .....and whatever else one deems "essential".  😉

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 10.27.44 AM (1).jpeg

Growatt and PowerWall in Ajijic.jpeg

STI Sol-Ark and PowerWall installation, Ajijic centro, Sept 2022.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1