Chapala.com Webboard

Stolen Shopping Bags

Floradude

Has anyone else had their shopping bags stolen from their cart while shopping in Walmart? Once before I lost one of my two Soriana bags in Walmart.  Today, I had my last Soriana bag  and one of the green Walmart bags stolen from my cart.  The first time I did not realize I was missing one bag until I got to the checkout.  Today, I noticed both bags were missing while I was still shopping.  I did a fast walk around the store looking for the brown Soriana bag in someone's cart.  No luck.  I bought a Walmart bag while checking out this morning.  I will probably buy a second one next week.  No big financial loss but it is very annoying.  

2 hours ago, Floradude said:

shopping bags stolen

Maybe try something that isn't store-branded, since those will disappear into the crowd, or could even be picked up mistakenly.

We use ChicoBags and some slightly larger printed ones (BeeGreen). These are less common and more interesting.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Reusable-Shopping-Grocery-Assortment-Mazarine/dp/B005ZV91T0/

https://www.amazon.com.mx/BeeGreen-Fun-Animal-reutilizables-extragrandes/dp/B083J5YVLG/

LQ

On 2/16/2023 at 4:18 PM, RickS said:

How are they stolen? Wandering far from the cart?

I hadn't stepped very far away at all..... but was turned in another direction. Didn't twig until next item went into cart at "some" slightly later time.  It was one of the "woven" sort-of-plaid plastic ones so common around here. Assume this is the most common method.

• Sad 1

How about keeping your cart in front of you and never turning around to the point where others can access it?  I've noticed that some people even leave their handbags in the cart and wander well away to check out shelves.  I've never lost anything from a cart and only use handbags that hang over my shoulder, made of heavy yarn cord that just about can't be sliced open. In other words, common sense is the best protection.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gringal said:

How about keeping your cart in front of you and never turning around to the point where others can access it?  I've noticed that some people even leave their handbags in the cart and wander well away to check out shelves.  I've never lost anything from a cart and only use handbags that hang over my shoulder, made of heavy yarn cord that just about can't be sliced open. In other words, common sense is the best protection.

Many of those who come to Mexico forget to bring "common sense" with them. After all,  more and more people these days seem to never have acquired it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1