Chapala.com Webboard

Mia's Boutique Complaint

Natasha

I took two pair of NEW Flexi shoes there Sept 12, waiting for fall because it was the "right" time to sell those particular styles.  I understand now  they are supposed to tell you on receipt that they have a huge backlog.  THEY DID NOT. When I talked to the woman last week she gave an excuse of being too busy that day, but she would look into it next day and call back. Nada.  So, today I  asked for the shoes back.

Reply:  We have buckets and buckets of things back there and until they surface for display, we can't do anything about it. And no, even though this was our mistake and we admit to same, we can't put anyone to work on finding them for you. I'll put a note on your file and call you when they are ready to put on display so you can pick them up.

Am I desperate for the money? Of course not. Am I angry at this shabby treatment.... Sept and now?  You bet. Because forewarned in Sept I could have gone elsewhere, and someone could have been enjoying these shoes which was my only intent in the first place, since my feet declined.

You can tell I don't frequent these places ( sew a lot) because others were aware (Benjiboy jewellery post). Won't be going to this one ever again once I recover the shoes..........if I live that long! 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bandol said:

Any suggestions for elsewhere?  I would prefer a commercial business as opposed to a charity shop.  Thank you.

Why?

I take things to Upscale Bazar all the time. She gets a fair price for goods, moves the merchandise rapidly, pays weekly with an excellent accounting, and the kids get a few pesos in the process.

I'd say that's a damn sight better than Natasha's treatment by Mias, which by the way is very common in the retail consignment business. 

30 minutes ago, conejorapido said:

Not quite the same operation since Bonnie sold it.

It is my understanding from Cydney, the daughter that she is running Mia's.  Nothing from her or Locha that Bonnie sold it.  Bonnie has health issues that she felt would be better  dealt with in the U.S.

28 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Why?

I take things to Upscale Bazar all the time. She gets a fair price for goods, moves the merchandise rapidly, pays weekly with an excellent accounting, and the kids get a few pesos in the process.

I'd say that's a damn sight better than Natasha's treatment by Mias, which by the way is very common in the retail consignment business. 

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

There was a post last year about a clothing consignment shop somewhere in Ajijic Village.  I don't remember name or any other pertinent information. 

So Chic Boutique

5A Ramon Corona, Ajijic, Mexico

Women's New & Consignment Clothing Store

https://www.facebook.com/people/So-Chic-Boutique/100063856310206/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

We have sold a lot of men's and women's clothing/shoes at Mia's during the last 6 years (approx. 200,000 pesos worth) which means we have made them a lot of money.  I currently have 5 pairs of women's shoes (3 brand new pair with box and tags) that have been there since June 2022 and NOT put out for sale.  I have asked every month WHY and get the same answer "we don't have room for all of the shoes that we have for sale".  That's it, we are done.  I am going to go in and get my shoes (hopefully they can find them) and take them to So Chic Boutique.  

Also, it is taking 6 months or more for them to put clothes out for sale once they are there.  That means 6 months in a bag without getting any air to them, folded and wrinkled I would imagine. and, possibly put out during the wrong season.  This is unacceptable.  

I agree ibarra.  I feel part of the issue is they not selective enough.  Plenty of items there have missing buttons, stains, peeling, stretched out, too worn etc.  Those items should not be accepted for consignment in my opinion.  They put some shabby stuff on the racks while good stuff is sitting in bags for months at a time in a back room somewhere.  I hardly go there now for that reason.  

9 hours ago, ibarra said:

That's it, we are done.  I am going to go in and get my shoes (hopefully they can find them).....

Good luck with THAT one.  She point blank refused to even look for my 2 pair. When they finally surfaced (about 6 months) , even tho' I had told her to let me know and I'd pick them up, that didn't happen either.  Then I got an email that one pair was sold???? Went to get the $$  Looked for the other pair ( should have been taken out same time). No sign. Where are they?  Probably on lay-away.  Oh?  Didn't know you offered that.  Yes.  How long?  If they have a lot, up to a month or more.  Can you go and look?  No.         🤐

• Like 1

I have sold quite a few items at Mia's but everything I bring to her is clean, no stains, marks or tears.  I also only bring things that are seasonal.  So I was disappointed this week when I went there looking for something.  Maybe because I do not usually buy things that I didn't notice but I was looking specifically for a white item. I was really surprised and dismayed at the stains and dirt, some of it was really disgusting, on clothes.  I can only guess what the colored items really looked like.  Like the above poster, I wondered why there wasn't some sorting and why so many bags.  I miss Terry's Tiangus (sp).  

I guess my solution is to forget about consignment shops just donate the stuff . God only knows we gringo's must be the "super rich" in the community, and still unwilling to let go of material "stuff" which has a small percentage of value within our "estate" compared to the majority of Mexican Nationals in the community we live , the majority who live from one pay day to the next 

• Like 2