Chapala.com Webboard

My Tellmex phone and Internet down

johanson

I live in upper Ajijic and have again lost my Telmex Infinitum internet. My phone is also acting up. I can call a phone number and hear the person answering, but he can not here me. Weird.

Sure glad I got a cell phone and a backup internet service.

18 minutes ago, johanson said:

I live in upper Ajijic and have again lost my Telmex Infinitum internet. My phone is also acting up. I can call a phone number and hear the person answering, but he can not here me. Weird.

Sure glad I got a cell phone and a backup internet service.

Pete, since your phone and Internet are acting differently, I assume you don't have a fiber optic connection. It does seem the Telmex is paying a lot less attention to those who still have the copper wire connections.

12 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Pete, since your phone and Internet are acting differently, I assume you don't have a fiber optic connection. It does seem the Telmex is paying a lot less attention to those who still have the copper wire connections.

Yes, I have what is a normal over the telephone lines internet connection. The download speeds normally vary from 35 to 45 Mb/sec down by about 10 up.  It hardly ever goes down.

3 minutes ago, johanson said:

Yes, I have what is a normal over the telephone lines internet connection. The download speeds normally vary from 35 to 45 Mb/sec down by about 10 up.  It hardly ever goes down.

We have that same setup and we are lucky to get 10 down.  They have finally activated the fiber optic on this street so I have signed up to switch over.  It will actually save us money because we also have a separate second land line and phone just to get internet.  The main phone line in the house wasn't done right for internet and wouldn't work for it so the previous owners got a second phone line.

There was a time when one could sell these land lines but apparent now with internet and cell phones they are no longer scarce locally.

We will keep the primary land line as it goes directly into our house PBX system.

I think we may have a telecom museum here, a bunch of old stuff, mostly still working.