Chapala.com Webboard

Elegante Restaurant

mexijims1

A group of us went last night and found very good food, pleasant management and good service at Elegante on Constitution.  As many of you probably know, Elegante is now under the management of Jose, also the owner of EL Ancla out in West Ajijic. 

All of us enjoyed our food, with entrees such as lamb shank, beef arrachera, salmon, coconut shrimp and molcajete.  Also, some had good desserts such as Tiramisu and carrot cake.  Food and drinks were all good and reasonably priced.

I hope that more people will try Elegante since it looks like it could use more business. Only about a third of the tables were filled on a Friday night.

Jose, the owner, also has daily specials and will make Mexican meals ( like Chile rellenos, etc.) in addition to an already extensive menu.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely agree with everything you say about Elegante.  We have tried several items on the menu & all have been excellent.  Very friendly service & a nice setting.  It does surprise me that more people have not discovered this gem.  Perhaps a lot of people do not realize it is under new management with much better pricing than the previous owners.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had another great dinner there last night. We had grilled Mahi-mahi with garlic and the Fettucini with Shrimp.

The bad news is there was only one other table occupied there last night.

This place deserves better.  My main interest is that I am tired of seeing so many good restaurants going out of business!

I mentioned to the owner, Jose, that he needs to market the place and stress that it is under his new management and  better prices, compared to the previous Elegante.

He told us about pushing a Sunday brunch menu from 10-1 pm, including a free mimosa with entree.  

Give it a try -- look at the menu on the wall outside his entrance at Constitucion 59, near the corner of Javier Mina.  Phone is 376-766-1066

On 2/11/2023 at 3:31 PM, mexijims1 said:

I hope that more people will try Elegante since it looks like it could use more business. Only about a third of the tables were filled on a Friday night.

I think we have just hit the point where there are just too many restaurants lakeside, in the hundreds now, for the number of customers.  Event the best of them have empty tables at times when you would expect them to be a lot busier.  Unfortunately this hasn't translated into better value or food for the most part and maybe to the contrary.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...