Chapala.com Webboard

Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)

tjt

I believe this has come up but my search isn't finding it.

Having moved here recently, I use a Dexcom 6.  I see those are not available here.  I've been looking for the Freestyle Libre, and find one or two listed on Amazon MX.  At the recommendation of my Dra. here, I have reached out to Abbott but they haven't provided any information than to check out their store (not selling them).  

Are there others here that use a CGM everyday?  It's been the best tool for me to keep my A1C down, since it lets me know when to add some insulin.

Thanks for your recommendations on where to get such items.  I do not have insurance here in Ajijic, and am excluded due to medical pre-existing conditions (such as diabetes).

Sincerely,

Tim

The Mexican version of the Libre is available at Costco and I’ve also seen them at Farmacias Guadalajara.   You can also order them directly from their website. I just checked and they are available here, https://www.freestyle.abbott/mx-es/home.html  

We have a small group of T1D’s, T2D’s and pre-diabetics that meets once a month, usually by Zoom, which is great for getting information such as this.  If you’re interested please reach out to the facilitator, Kim Welch, at  welchk4diabetes@gmail.com.