Chapala.com Webboard

Let’s talk canine arthritis

Our sweet senior dog has arthritis in her back right knee.  She often favors it some days, hopping around on three legs.  Other days she’s bouncing around like a young pup.  Her bouts of pain and favoritism are getting longer.  Our vet who we adore says feed her a special high quality diet to the tune of 3000 pesos a month.  Forgive my skepticism, but I don’t think that’s necessarily an effective treatment.  Have you tried CBD for arthritis treatment for your dog?  Does it work?  Is there any other forms of treatment you’ve tried that have worked for your dog? I appreciate to hear your advice and experience.  Thanks in advance.  

I have two dogs... a Belgian Malinois who just turned 9 and has a bone spur in her back. Also a German Sheperd who is approaching 11 years old. All of us take our CBD (3 drops each) at the same time twice a day (usually 6 am and 6 pm). My girls run around like they are still puppies. I purchase from NuLeaf Naturals in Colorado and it is shipped here without a problem but can take a month to get here to iShop. Their product is extracted from hemp using CO2 and is third party tested for quality and quantity. If you're wondering why the drops are the same for both human (most of the time) and dogs... I put mine under my tongue and it is absorbed sublingually. Theirs goes on their food so it takes the long way to get into the blood stream and some concentration is lost along the way. Using what provides approximately 3 mg of CBD per drop but we all started at 1 drop and worked up from there. Pain sucks whether you're on two legs or four/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I have two dogs... a Belgian Malinois who just turned 9 and has a bone spur in her back. Also a German Sheperd who is approaching 11 years old. All of us take our CBD (3 drops each) at the same time twice a day (usually 6 am and 6 pm). My girls run around like they are still puppies. I purchase from NuLeaf Naturals in Colorado and it is shipped here without a problem but can take a month to get here to iShop. Their product is extracted from hemp using CO2 and is third party tested for quality and quantity. 

I think the CO2 process and third party testing is very important. I would not experiment with CBD products for pets that are available locally.  Your pet may never wake up.  Although local CBD products may have benefit for humans the results may be disastrous for a pet.  Nuleaf is a quality product.

• Thanks 1

If you do decide you want to try the CBD oil on your dog, I have two unopened boxes of NuLeaf Full Spectrum Pet CBD oil for 1000 pesos each.  I bought them a year ago and ended up not using it.  The boxes dates say BB 05/2023, but if you have doubts about using it after that date you could call up the company and ask -- they are very responsive.

• Like 1