Chapala.com Webboard

BEST LEAST EXPENSIVE WAY/SHIPPING

to the U.S.

Have some personalty to ship to my address in the U.S.

Do not need a moving company

Medium size box or 2

Please share what your shipping experiences have been

Is there a mailing service Lakeside that will pack and insure and send ?

Or have packing materials and send resulting package(s) once ready to ship?

And know information on duty costs and length of time to receive in U.S. from Lakeside?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, chapalence said:

We gave up on the idea of shipping anything from here to the U.S. due to cost. Every means explored was expensive and the cost always outweighed the value of the goods to be shipped.

I cringe at the cost to mail a simple letter sized envelope.

I paid 45 pesos last week at Ishop to mail a letter.  I believe the cost in the U.S for that was just raised to .60 cents.

It certainly is expensive here to send packages.  We have found that Estefeta is less than the other top names. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Apachewoman said:

to the U.S.

Have some personalty to ship to my address in the U.S.

Do not need a moving company

Medium size box or 2

Please share what your shipping experiences have been

Is there a mailing service Lakeside that will pack and insure and send ?

Or have packing materials and send resulting package(s) once ready to ship?

And know information on duty costs and length of time to receive in U.S. from Lakeside?

Thanks.

You can buy all types of packaging materials at Ishop.  They also represent almost all of the delivery services and, once you know the weight of your packages, can search which company has the best price. You will have tracking information with all of the delivery companies so you can know status.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On a sidebar, if you have the need to ship via DHL (i.e. Amazon returns), then Ishop San Antonio nor Ishop San Juan Cosala can help you.  That leaves the DHL office on the carretera en Ajijic el centro, so good luck with parking.  There is a new DHL office in Joco for the West enders.  It is on the main drag Miguel Arana one block before the plaza when coming from San Juan Cosala.  It is to the right of the Veterinary supply store.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chapalence said:

We gave up on the idea of shipping anything from here to the U.S. due to cost. Every means explored was expensive and the cost always outweighed the value of the goods to be shipped.

I cringe at the cost to mail a simple letter sized envelope.

Agree, we lived in Mexico for 16.5 years and brought in a 40 foot container from the US and bought muchas cosas while there. When the cost of health insurance was slated to go from $325/ Mo. to 1165 in 2018 we had no choice to make since if we lived in the US the rate would stay the same and in fact still has. We had lots of stuff that we would have brought back but the cost was not even close to being worth it. We flew to Houston on Southwest from PV and used their 2 free bags to bring back only the most valuable stuff. Had to totally start over back here.

there ARE COMPANIES THAT WILL SELL YOU WHAT THEY CALL GIUAS..  You prepay the shipment via these comapnies and get a large discount with any of the usual package companies like  fed ex estafeta, dhl etc  In Chiapas we use Huipix but I was just with a friend from Oaxaca and they use another company something pak.. I am sure Guadalajara must have such companies. You need to know size and weight you can use bank cards to pay. I do not know if they speak English either.