Chapala.com Webboard

US Passports

Information provided above is spot on... Easy but time of return will vary... It took about 4 weeks for mine to come back...

FYI:  The FedEx office in Ajijic does not sell the return labels... I used I mail and that worked...

• 2 months later...

The Embassy has stopped the online application process as of the first part of March. Has anyone heard if they are going to be at LCS or the Legion to renew passports? I only need a Passport card, but if I have to go to Guad to renew I will spend almost as much on taxis as I will for the unneeded passport book. GRRRR

2 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

The Embassy has stopped the online application process as of the first part of March. Has anyone heard if they are going to be at LCS or the Legion to renew passports? I only need a Passport card, but if I have to go to Guad to renew I will spend almost as much on taxis as I will for the unneeded passport book. GRRRR

PASSPORT CARD RENEWALS MUST DONE IN PERSON

REGULAR PASSPORT RENEWALS STILL CAN BE DONE BY MAIL AS OF MARCH 29... PER EMBASSY PAGE

https://mx.usembassy.gov/passports/u-s-passport-renewal-by-mail/

On 1/23/2023 at 1:59 PM, rvanparys said:

It took about 4 weeks for mine to come back...

FYI:  The FedEx office in Ajijic does not sell the return labels... I used I mail and that worked...

It took 9 weeks for my wife's to come in. If you are in a hurry look into paying the extra fee for expedited service.