Chapala.com Webboard

Need contractor with sand blaster to remove flex seal from pond.

3 hours ago, Mitch said:

What has been your experience with Flex Seal, how long has it been in place. Your thoughts please. I was considering using Flex Seal spray  clear, on the joints in my fountain.

Thanks

Don't.  It is lousy.  It is going to cost me serious dinero to get it out of this pond I used it on.  Surface prep was totally as recommended, the stuff just doesn't stick.

Look for an epoxy based joint sealer.

• Thanks 1

A pressure washer might work just as well and not requiring a special breathing mask to keep from ruining your lungs. I'd wear the mask anyway if getting in the mist of the spray. Do not breath in any sand blaster dust. Neighbors would appreciate you using a pressure washer. Watch out for when the water sprays back at you.

6 hours ago, Stream said:

A pressure washer might work just as well and not requiring a special breathing mask to keep from ruining your lungs. I'd wear the mask anyway if getting in the mist of the spray. Do not breath in any sand blaster dust. Neighbors would appreciate you using a pressure washer. Watch out for when the water sprays back at you.

A pressure washer would not remove waterproofing sealant/impermeabilización sellador  from areas on our patio where we put it around tiles to stop leaks.  We only had a small amount of it around a couple of tiles and the pressure washer did nada.  

On 1/19/2023 at 11:07 AM, Mainecoons said:

Looks like the best way to get rid of flex seal unfortunately used to seal the interior of a small yard pond is to sand blast the stuff off.

Any idea where I might find someone with a sand blaster who can come and do the job?

Thanks.

Have you spoken with Juan Pablo or Jurgen at JP Home Services?  I would think since they build and service pools that they may have encountered the situation that you find yourself in.