Chapala.com Webboard

Hand held small calculator

sm1mex

In recent years, whether in Mexico or here in the US, there are 2 items that are getting harder and harder to find, simple calculators and alarm clocks. Both functions are being taken over by cell phones or tablets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

In recent years, whether in Mexico or here in the US, there are 2 items that are getting harder and harder to find, simple calculators and alarm clocks. Both functions are being taken over by cell phones or tablets. 

Many small calculators and alarm clocks available on Amazon. Not everyone has a cell phone. 

42 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Just for fun, I went googling to see if I could find my solar calculator. OMG! They're still making them... Calculadora Celica 12 dígitos batería solar CA-018 (pcdigital.com.mx)

Mine is STILL working flawlessly... FORTY YEARS LATER... and I use it almost daily. :)

Amazing what seems to last and what doesn't.   Too bad our bodies don't hold up quite as well!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Just for fun, I went googling to see if I could find my solar calculator. OMG! They're still making them... Calculadora Celica 12 dígitos batería solar CA-018 (pcdigital.com.mx)

Mine is STILL working flawlessly... FORTY YEARS LATER... and I use it almost daily. :)

Mine is too! http://www.datamath.org/Sci/Modern/TI-30SLR_PLUS_1987.htm 

My Commodore SR-1800 was my favourite for engineering. 

• Like 1

not everyone has a cell phone but those who do not will soon be gone..Even my mother has one and she is 101 year old.

I do not know people who do not have a cell and I work with indigenous and some of them cannot read or write and the have smart phones and communicate via audio messages.  I went to walmart to get a house phone and I did not see any. They are on their way out Telmex has a few and the internet..I  know many people who do not have a  house phone they are being replaced by cell phones.

8 hours ago, bmh said:

not everyone has a cell phone but those who do not will soon be gone..Even my mother has one and she is 101 year old.

I do not know people who do not have a cell and I work with indigenous and some of them cannot read or write and the have smart phones and communicate via audio messages.  I went to walmart to get a house phone and I did not see any. They are on their way out Telmex has a few and the internet..I  know many people who do not have a  house phone they are being replaced by cell phones.

You must not have read my earlier post or chose to ignore it.  Portable phones are everywhere and so are basic landline phones,  Amazon.com, Amazon.com.mx, Steren .  As long as fiber optics isn't the only choice available, there will be a need for these phones.

I went to Walmart and they used to have lots of house phones and they do not any longer which seems to indicate the demand is down , so they have them on their site and so does Amazon etc.. so what, the demand is down and they will disappear. I have fiber so I do not use a home phone any more so bye to the house phone. I do what I need to do with my cell phone or my tabletand the people I know are doing the same thing..

On 1/26/2023 at 9:57 AM, Alpha1 said:

Mine is too! http://www.datamath.org/Sci/Modern/TI-30SLR_PLUS_1987.htm 

My Commodore SR-1800 was my favourite for engineering. 

On a side not I had an HP15 during my engineering time. Some kid managed to steel it from my home in Chapala. I wish him luck because the operating manual was about 200 pages. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1