Chapala.com Webboard

Receiving mailed packages from NOB regulations

Natasha

I know this has been covered but can't find it. My sister needs to mail a small package to me from Canada for direct home delivery ( or regular post-office pickup).  Approx. value $25-30 CAD.  Should she include receipts ( 2 items)?  IF not, what is needed so they can come under the "free" allowance someone has talked about before?  Gracias.

We have not had, nor people we know, good experiences with MX mail system.  Packages have been lost (sure they were), parts missing, and huge import fees charged.  No way to recoup any of that via MX mail service as no insurance was available and no tracking information.   We now will only ship items that can't be delivered lakeside by using Ishop address in Laredo and wait a couple weeks for delivery lakeside.  I just picked up 2 bottles of face lotion from U.S.,purchase price $38.00 U.S. , about 12 ounces total. Charge was 400 pesos from Ishop. Last month, received 2 blouses, purchase price $70.00U.S. Charge from Ishop 411 pesos.  I give Ishop tracking information,  usually from USPS, they will then let me know when delivery will be from Larefo.  FYI Items that we get from Amazon.com have shipping costs of around $8.00U.S. per item.  We feel Ishop is a bargain. 

OK all.  Yes, I use iShop ( and have a box there). Yes I order from Amazon U.S. and Amazon .mx  ( as well as ML)and receive there.  But for the small value involved, I think the overall cost of getting it via the Laredo route is too high.  So I'll tell her to drop it for now.  We were supposed to meet in PV but she had an accident. Next year is good enough.

1 hour ago, virgo lady said:

Post a thread here asking for someone coming down to lakeside from Canada to bring it in their luggage.      Many are still heading south, driving or flying, and would gladly do it.      

Gracias.  That's my plan as soon as I get back from the beach. 😎