Chapala.com Webboard

THANKS FOR INFO IF YOU KNOW..RE Renewal of VISA TEMPORAL

You only need to qualify one time provided you don't allow it to lapse.

Yes, you can very easily extend your temporal yourself. Go to the INM office in Chapala and ask them for the instructions, which they have printed in English. 

Use Google Chrome when you go online to fill out the request for the extension. 

It's not difficult and if you do make an error, they will tell you what you need to do to fix it.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2023 at 12:04 PM, chapalence said:

You only need to qualify one time provided you don't allow it to lapse.

Yes, you can very easily extend your temporal yourself. Go to the INM office in Chapala and ask them for the instructions, which they have printed in English. 

Use Google Chrome when you go online to fill out the request for the extension. 

It's not difficult and if you do make an error, they will tell you what you need to do to fix it.

Great ideas/suggestions.  THANKS!

• Like 1

We just did our Temporal renewal ourselves 2 weeks ago. Ours actually had lapsed because we had covid but they did not care. No penalty, no need to see our financial documents for qualification. It was actually very easy. 

To start the process you have to go online to start the procedure and you enter a little info and the site generates your application form. It is very easy. My Spanish is not good but I was able to figure it out. I also have my Google Chrome browser to automatically translate Spanish to English so that helps. 

This is the link to the website

https://www.inm.gob.mx/mpublic/publico/inm-tramites.html?a=thgeGuQHx2k%3D&tr=hyBh72VpD1w%3D&h_sdp00=giUnJ9XgtISVcdYJXduIGw%3D%3D&fbclid=IwAR1mgWd1uzWPOaQeeMoR2sCSoas22koaYFTxTq0ycxpCrhT8HJuq2h0BD04

The website generates your application which you will need to print. You take that to the immigration office in Chapala along with your current Temporal visa card, your passport and a copy of your passport, and a letter in Spanish. I copied and pasted the content of the one I used here. You can now pay there with a debit or credit card or you will have to go to a bank to pay the fee in cash. The fee for renewal as of Jan 1 is $5108 pesos for one year Temporal renewal. The process takes 3 trips to immigration. First one to file the application and pay. Second they make you an appointment to get your fingerprints and photo taken, Third about 10 days later to pick up your  new card. Really was very easy and no one should feel they need to pay someone else to do this for you. Happy to answer any other questions you may have about the process:-) 

5 DE ENERO DE 2023 

OFICINA DE REPRESENTACIÓN DEL INM EN CHAPALA, JALISCO: 

Yo, (YOUR NAME), nacional de los Estados Unidos de América por la presente solicito el canje de la forma migratoria por la renovación de la Tarjeta de Residente Temporal por un año. Declaro bajo protesta, a decir verdad, que viviré en México con mis propios fondos de mi país natal. 

Sin otro particular, quedamos atentos a cualquier otra información que se nos requiera.

ATENTAMENTE: 

(YOUR NAME)

5 DE ENERO DE 2023

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2