Chapala.com Webboard

Dementia Support

Miss Elly

A while back I read some posts of people being involved in a Dementia Group. My husband and I moved permanently to Lake Chapala Area (San Antonio) and are in need of a companion for my husband. Someone who is familiar with dementia and willing to take him for walks or do other outdoor activities. He is 75 years old and physical very fit and has a great sense of humour.

I am aware of a support group for spouses of dementia patients at CLS but what about activities for the patient.

Miss Elly

there is a demntia group Lakeside mostly women, one men made of the spouses of the dementia patients. Ask about it at LCS they  will give you the contacts. they meet every weeks and exchange information. Lots of very useful information and they know about caregivers , the quality and prices of homes etc.. The could be of great help to you. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Miss Elly said:

A while back I read some posts of people being involved in a Dementia Group. My husband and I moved permanently to Lake Chapala Area (San Antonio) and are in need of a companion for my husband. Someone who is familiar with dementia and willing to take him for walks or do other outdoor activities. He is 75 years old and physical very fit and has a great sense of humour.

I am aware of a support group for spouses of dementia patients at CLS but what about activities for the patient.

Miss Elly

I sent you a pm