Chapala.com Webboard

Bad Experience with Farmarcia Guadalajara

egcallis

Purchased  a "Oximetro de Pulso para Dedo" for $675 pesos from Farmarica Guadalajara. My wife brought it home to me and when I installed the (2)-AAA batteries (not included), the top of the unit popped off. The white on/off button fell out and bounced I don't know where. It is made of plastic and when I snapped the last battery in place, I apparently broke two of the tabs holding the top on. Pressing the contact switch under where the button used to be did not turn the unit on. When I tried to return the unit less than 1.5 hours after it was purchased, they refused to refund or replace the unit.

I've included a picture of the unit. I would score it 0 / 5.

Bad Oxyimenter.jpg

• Like 1

Also available on Amazon Mexico.  I’ve never had an issue returning things with amazon here.  A little suggestion, open the delivery box or envelope with care so that if you have a return, you can tape it up and reuse the same packaging as often the delivery guys don’t have extra envelopes or boxes when they come to pick up returns.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, timjwilson said:

These cheap oximeters are often faulty (inaccurate) anyway and not worth purchasing. Even in 2 different hospitals where the portable units were used on me, I pointed out the inaccuracy and was proven correct when they were replaced by the one wired to a monitor. 

The word cheap translated in to English is "Made in China". 

• Like 4

On 1/10/2023 at 4:42 PM, egcallis said:

Purchased  a "Oximetro de Pulso para Dedo" for $675 pesos from Farmarica Guadalajara. My wife brought it home to me and when I installed the (2)-AAA batteries (not included), the top of the unit popped off. The white on/off button fell out and bounced I don't know where. It is made of plastic and when I snapped the last battery in place, I apparently broke two of the tabs holding the top on. Pressing the contact switch under where the button used to be did not turn the unit on. When I tried to return the unit less than 1.5 hours after it was purchased, they refused to refund or replace the unit.

I've included a picture of the unit. I would score it 0 / 5.

Bad Oxyimenter.jpg

Hmmm, maybe you were given a returned unit, that was broken by someone else..But I would ask to speak to the Manager. Good luck