Chapala.com Webboard

UCD-RMAC- Campensin Program-Car registration

virgogirl

In November 2021, I registered my vehicle under a new program that would legalize vehicles that were expired TIPs due to the foreigner turning permanente. I had gotten this registration in Cihuatlan Jalisco, and now I am back in Chapala, Jalisco and the normal route for renewing tag/plates is Recuadadera. And they said they do not deal with this program there. The nearest office I can find is Guadalajara. Can anyone else shed liight on this, have used the program to legalize a vehicle that otherwise would've needed to leave the country.

Do you have a name for that program? Was it possibly UCD?

The UCD (Unión Campesina Democrática) permit is for vehicles from the US and Canada wishing to legally drive in some states but I've not ever heard it being available in Jalisco.... only Guanajuato and maybe Michocan.

I know from experience that some UCD plates are ONLY valid within the state where they are issued. For example a UCD plate issued in Guanajuato would get one a ticket if driving it in SLP.  While this may not affect the OP, she should ask this question.

Thank you for your replies. According to Antonio of R & R auto told me today that while it is available in Jalisco it has been implemented in very rural communities like where I got it in Cihuatlan and I did see many of these type of permitted vehicles there in the beach communities. Here not so much. I noticed that there is an office in GDL, but Antonio said that they do not renew there. But it still pays to check. I am wondering now 2 things:

1 What is the nearest small/rural community in Jalisco that could renew this? 

OR

2. What would be the process to LEGALIZE thru an extended program that goes until April of this year/ and is said to be done at Gestor Automovil in GDL taking possiblly 2 days to complete, according to Antonio who said he doesn't do it, nor does he know anyone Lakeside that does, indicating it may be quite a pain to go through. 

Looking for more feedback/resources/clue

s on these processes.

Over the years there have been "special" people who supposedly can Nationalize foreign vehicles "away from the border".  The thing that they all had in common was that they were all  scams!

To my knowledge...and I have been watching this stuff for 15 years.... there is NO way to Nationalize a foreign vehicle other than at the border USING a Bonded Agent there. And that process is not cheap and takes a couple of days there.

Thank you Rick S. I will read it.

Yes, this is it. This is what I was told about at R and R Auto by Antonio.  REPUVE website showed nothing with UCD plate/former South Dakota plate/or the VIN number. 

I did find a facebook page with the office in GDL, name Arturo Sanchez Gonzales 33-3618-3183. Website does talk about the program and will be calling during open hours 10-5 and report back. There must be someone else around here who has renewed UCD status. I'm going to have my mechanic call and get the scoop.

I have also read about the chocolate car program. So I guess I have two options potentially. Re-permit. Or nationalize thru chocolate program.