Chapala.com Webboard

Need good mechanic in North Shore area.

cookj5

Ron Young, my regular auto mechanic in Chapala, has closed his shop for an unknown length of time. I am going out of town at the end of January and I need to get my car tuned up and generally checked out for the trip. Does anyone have suggestions of good, reliable, reasonably priced auto mechanics in the Ajijic / North Shore area?

I have used Felipe Morales... AutoCheck...   In Riberas several times.  Just west of Mom's Restaurant at Hidalgo #90A

331-464-2324

English spoken, very good and very honest...has told me a couple of times that I didn't need to do "something" unless I was just looking to spend some money!

20 hours ago, cookj5 said:

Ron Young, my regular auto mechanic in Chapala, has closed his shop for an unknown length of time. I am going out of town at the end of January and I need to get my car tuned up and generally checked out for the trip. Does anyone have suggestions of good, reliable, reasonably priced auto mechanics in the Ajijic / North Shore area?

Ron's garage door was open yesterday and today and they are working on vehicles.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Ron's garage door was open yesterday and today and they are working on vehicles.

I have exchanged emails with Ron and he states he is open Tuesday through Friday, as usual.  I’m sorry the OP thought otherwise.  Perhaps the OP could retract his post, so that Ron does not lose customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Debimth said:

It's better do google search in your area!!

Welcome to the Board.  However,  do you live in this area?  Word of mouth and the boards are pretty much how we learn things here.  And, a search usually just gives you address and phone information,  not actual first hand knowledge from clients/customers.

• Thanks 2