Chapala.com Webboard

PLASTIC CURP CARD?

Does the CURP Card come with the services of a facilitator(local Lakeside Attorney)

or if not, how does one obtain the CARD FORM of the CURP.

I visited the Immigration office in Chapala..had dig. fingerprints and photos taken

had paid the fee through the Lakeside facilitator(attorney) but was not given

a plastic Curp Card.

Thanks for your help/experience.

I have never heard of a "plastic Curp Card". The official paper document containing your CURP number can be downloaded from the internet very simply. All it requires is for you to enter your CURP number and then download the document. However, my plastic Permanente immigration card and plastic Jalisco driver's license both contain my CURP number. That being said, anyone who requires you to produce your CURP will be talking about the paper document.

Here is a good source of information about the CURP: https://immigrationtomexico.mx/what-is-a-curp-number-and-how-to-get-one-in-mexico/  This site contains a link to where you can download the CURP document.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kiko said:

I had mine laminated at a papeleria.  Something like 12 years ago.  Likes like new today.  And keep a copy in my phone in the archives folder just in case I lose it.

There has never been a CURP card. There was many years ago a document that looked like it could be folded to make it into a card, but no cards have been issued.   You must have an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper saved.  And, the CURP document has changed at least 3 times in the last 12 years.  Your original document, whatever it is, would not be valid anymore as they want the current version of this document presented upon request.  

19 hours ago, Apachewoman said:

Does the CURP Card come with the services of a facilitator(local Lakeside Attorney)

or if not, how does one obtain the CARD FORM of the CURP.

I visited the Immigration office in Chapala..had dig. fingerprints and photos taken

had paid the fee through the Lakeside facilitator(attorney) but was not given

a plastic Curp Card.

Thanks for your help/experience.

What you describe sounds like a visa application.  You need to talk to your Lakeside facilitator.

There is no charge for CURP and as others have stated you can go to the website and print it.