Chapala.com Webboard

Helper Needed

Zeb

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

Zeb has made it clear she needs more than the occasional trip to a store by a neighbor.  She needs someone to cook on a regular basis and provide other services as needed.  She, IMO, is asking for an employee, not a volunteer.

Thank you Ibarra.  You understood my request perfectly.  It seems others do not.

12 hours ago, Kiko said:

I suggest you ask a trusted neighbor.  You may be surprised how caring and helpful your Mexican neighbor on your street will be.  Mexicans know that their govt will not help them so they depend upon each other.  

Sorry, but this is not what I asked for.  You do not know my circumstances and what I requested is what will work for me.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:34 AM, ibarra said:

Zeb has made it clear she needs more than the occasional trip to a store by a neighbor.  She needs someone to cook on a regular basis and provide other services as needed.  She, IMO, is asking for an employee, not a volunteer.

My next door neighbor was in need of extensive care in upper Ajijic back in 2012.  There were three unmarried Mexican sisters across the street who managed his needs for about a year. Forunately they could walk to restaurants, Ajijic Clinica,  and Farmacia Guadalajara.  Driving required the help of another family member.  They were paid as much as the elderly expat could afford.  The financial compensation was reasonable at the time.  Eventually his health deteriorated with dementia and he was moved to a nursing home.  A year ago, a single expat who lived next door to the sisters had a stroke.  The sisters have helped her a lot during her recovery.  There are options for some.  YMMV.  

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 2:13 PM, Zeb said:

I need to someone to help me with meals, groceries, errands. 

Take out will not work. 

If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

I always find talking with my maid helps find all kind of help, but it sounds that you also need someone who can drive, good luck in finding this treasure 

You may have already done this, but you need to evaluate how often you need this individual. Do you need all meals cooked or just dinner? Can you do the driving and have them help with the shopping and errands or do you need them to drive and do the errands by themselves? Could someone come once or twice a week, go shopping and then prepare enough meals to be frozen for the rest of the week? Just some things to think about.