Chapala.com Webboard

Driving thru Culiacan

elpind

We are traveling to Mazatlan and will be driving via 15D going by Culican.  Has anybody heard if the violence is just in town or is it near 15D that passes nearby.  We are leaving soon but may have to change our travel plans.  Thanks for any inputs you may have.  TIA

What I just read... USA Newspapers.... is that the cartel blockades are (mainly?) at the airport roads and a military base. There is unrest all over the city but I don't see any reports of out on the cuota. That doesn't mean there isn't or won't be as the City is still pretty non-functional. 

Depending on how 'soon' your 'leaving soon' is, you are smart asking around. Me, I'd wait a while longer and keep asking. These things tend to blow over but then this was an El Chapo son, so not the normal happening. 

• Like 2

I have been watching the news. I am in Mazatlan going north. So I will try to make to Obregon by 7:00. Yesterday everything was closed, Walmart Oxxos buses, no taxis or Ubers. Trapped in our hotel. Today much different. So I will give it a try. Going to San Carlos. 

21 hours ago, ACD said:

"To date, as much as 20 percent of Mexico has come under control of the cartels as previously reported by CIA analysts. "

https://www.realclearwire.com/articles/2023/01/07/the_invasion_equation_874351.html

I wished they controlled 100%. Lets face it they handle problems efficiency and quickly, they are already involved in everything, better military  great at logistics, 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, gringal said:

All this means is that Mexico's government has failed in its efforts to defeat the cartels and their culture of profiting from drug sales. In other words...the bad guys won.

And NO, I personally can't wish the cartels controlled 100%!!!

It was met as sarcasm. Yes! the governments of the U. S. and Mexico have failed. 

• Like 1