Chapala.com Webboard

Payment- car registration and property taxes

ibarra

FYI. I paid both of the referenced items this morning in Chapala.  I was at dmv on Degollado by 8:30 this morning and it took 15 minutes to pay with 8 people in front of me.  I left there and went to palacio to pay property taxes.  12 people in front of me and it took 20 minutes to pay.   Both tasks completed and home in one hour.  

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, InChapala1 said:

Did you pay with a non-Mexican credit or debit card? Last year, I was unable to pay either predial or car registration with a U.S. card.

BBVA credit card. Life is a lot easier with plastic from Mexican banks. 

• Thanks 1

I live very close to Chapala so no "sitting in traffic ". We prefer paying in cash at the actual offices for these 2 yearly obligations.  I made the post for those that actually find the information useful as they, too, prefer going in person to pay.  

• Like 3

On 1/5/2023 at 1:51 PM, John Shrall said:

I paid for 2 cars and 2 houses in 15 minutes using their websites. Didn't have to drive anywhere which saved well over an hour just sitting in traffic.

Please post the website to pay property taxes. Please don't tell me to search previous postings. Done that, no joy.

TIA

• 1 month later...

So GREAT! Did it online last year but still had to go to Bancomer to make the payment. So much faster and easier this time to do it ALL on-line. YEA, progress!

Val Jones

Also THRILLED to be able to do the same with the Predial. YEA, happy dance! :)