Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala road construction update

ibarra

8 hours ago, ibarra said:

The offending curb at the light has been removed but the area hasn't been repaired...yet.

Please open the following link to see a photo of what has now been removed in the street (this subject was previously covered at length in a post )

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/columns/208-dale-palfrey/59162-av-madero-project-snafu-under-review

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While city beautification is a nicety, parking is a requirement... Chapala desperately needs more on street parking and maybe parking meters to discourage long term occupancy... This is a win for the city ($) and a win for shoppers...

Before you respond, let me say that I hate parking meters as much as many of you do...However, if you have a better solution speak up.

Parking meters have been tried before.

29 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

While city beautification is a nicety, parking is a requirement... Chapala desperately needs more on street parking and maybe parking meters to discourage long term occupancy... This is a win for the city ($) and a win for shoppers...

Before you respond, let me say that I hate parking meters as much as many of you do...However, if you have a better solution speak up.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ACD said:

Anyone have influence with the town to help them plan repairs better and to use a more sane repaving method?

Throwing gravel on wet tar must be terribly wasteful and certainly makes a mess and damages vehicles. There are much better ways to schedule work and avoid traffic jams. 

24 minutes ago, ACD said:

Throwing gravel on wet tar must be terribly wasteful and certainly makes a mess and damages vehicles. There are much better ways to schedule work and avoid traffic jams. 

Sounds like you should apply for the job of supervisor. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rvanparys said:

Tried years ago in Chapala and was a failure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Tried years ago in Chapala and was a failure. 

I am not sure if "failure" is the correct word. A change in the administration was the result, which suggests its a political thing. I would support parking meters  and a hi rise parking lot. Cars and visitors need a safe place  to park.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I am not sure if "failure" is the correct word. A change in the administration was the result, which suggests its a political thing. I would support parking meters  and a hi rise parking lot. Cars and visitors need a safe place  to park.

It failed.....  as in ....did not work       All the business community protested----  civic demonstrations ----  problems for tourists ----- ticket dispensers out of order -- 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Plenty of parking space near Christiania Park, all they need is a shuttle bus and some on site security. I also think functioning meters for central Chapala would be a good thing. Vast majority of tourist can afford the meter fee I would think. 

Putting in meters won't solve the problem of not having enough parking spaces to begin with. 

It would help if employers would discourage their employees from parking right in front of the businesses on Madero.

It would help if they would remove the newly constructed flower or plant curbed areas on Madero.

It would also help if we had those little taxi vehicles like ixtlahuacan has that drive the side streets and pick up people that have had to park far from their destination. 

My two centavos...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Expat Liaison, Aurora Michel,  and I have been working on various projects. She is a well known and connected, frustrated dynamo at being ignored often. Last week I told her that now she knows how the community feels. We have ALWAYS been ignored, not just this government. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

It failed.....  as in ....did not work       All the business community protested----  civic demonstrations ----  problems for tourists ----- ticket dispensers out of order -- 

With respect  there has been 2 systems. The one you mention and paid coin metered where you put in a coin and turned the lever.

The community (Chapala) needs to sort it's self out, does it want to be a successful friendly tourism city, or a sleepy unfriendly city.

Historically because of its location , on the water, it has always been an attraction for the Tatpitos,  long before the Gringos arrived.

I guess tourism does add revenue to the tax base? Also better public toilet need to be added.  The suggested Parking with free bus is a good proposal.

However "WE" are mere foreigners,  many with great talent and experience, ( like Todd Strong) , eager to be called......But don't hold your breath.

There is a huge cultural divide between US and THEM. Firstly do we see the issue as a Problem,  yes/ no. Then if we agree how we fix it , we have a different approach and methodology. If you have a Mexican partner,  wife, you will understand what I am saying.....or maybe not. 

For myself my head is very sore, I given up the fight and resting, and ignoring the challenges,  leaving the " problems" perceive or otherwise,  for the "newbies " to fix. Peace and may 2023 bring us good health and happiness.