Chapala.com Webboard

Pay scale for maids

liquipure

3 hours ago, HarryB said:

It is that so often we hear people complaining about how poor they are and can't afford to live here. It is truly a quandary how they got here in the first place. There are no safety nets so people should be forewarned.

When there is a financial disaster, the expat community shouldn't be expected to provide the bailout. Of course I am not referring to anyone specifically.

I reserve my charity work for the Mexican community.

Any foreigner who says they are too poor to live in Mexico is too poor to be alive.
And, have no fear Harry, no one I know will be asking you for your charity. Also, I think you would likely be happier if you focused on your own life and worried less about how other people are living  theirs and how much money they have. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those who come to Mexico and have not done their due dilligence should not expect the gingo community to bail them out... There are many other worthwhile charities who will graciously accept your contributions...

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2022 at 9:54 AM, ibarra said:

So you are just paying her 50 pesos per hour? Wow, I hope she has other family members helping her with expenses.   That's approximately 413.00 per month U.S. and 560.00 Canadian.  IMO Really, really low.

I don't really think Mostly cares very much what you think.  But, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. I'm sure Mostly would allow you to make up the difference in salary that you think he should pay. Doubt if you care about his maid that much, right? :D

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Hud said:

I don't really think Mostly cares very much what you think.  But, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. I'm sure Mostly would allow you to make up the difference in salary that you think he should pay. Doubt if you care about his maid that much, right? :D

Quite the mind reader and self appointed spokesperson.  Why choose Ibarra when there are many others who have responded to the OP?  Rhetorical. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chapalence said:

We're fortunate the real estate market here is hot and the market NOB is soft, so we can do this.

Many others will die here without family or friends, all for a dream of cheaper living. 

The NOB real estate market has slowed due to the interest rate hikes but houses haven't really started down yet.  Homes are still being sold to cash buyers.  Good luck on your return to the states, I am sure you will miss Mexico.  People in the states grow more divided and obnoxious every year.  We spend half our time in Mexico and half in the states,  need to adjust this to more in Mexico.  Hope you have a happy landing!