Chapala.com Webboard

convert from electric to gas

Dab

Cannot recommend doing either of those in any safe or cost effective way.     

What is the reason?    If CFE costs are high and you like the electric appliances, adding solar panels with a net metering system is easy and really cost effective, particularly if in DAC tarifa level or near it.   

Feel free to PM or email to discuss in more detail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Go Solar said:

Cannot recommend doing either of those in any safe or cost effective way.     

What is the reason?    If CFE costs are high and you like the electric appliances, adding solar panels with a net metering system is easy and really cost effective, particularly if in DAC tarifa level or near it.   

Feel free to PM or email to discuss in more detail.

I live in a high rise condo and we cannot install solar panels here for individual apartments (sniff!).    I'm wanting to install an "on demand water heater" to replace my old electric one.   Thanks for any other ideas you might have!

5 hours ago, Dab said:

Thanks for any other ideas you might have!

Per your question and Rick's good point....if gas supply is available, this is a good unit as a gas on-demand.     

https://kruger.com.mx/mod-3516.html

For those with solar hot water or considering it, it is one of the very few that is also solar compatible (ie:  can take hot water input).    No pilot light, electronic ignition.

10 hours ago, Go Solar said:

Per your question and Rick's good point....if gas supply is available, this is a good unit as a gas on-demand.     

https://kruger.com.mx/mod-3516.html

For those with solar hot water or considering it, it is one of the very few that is also solar compatible (ie:  can take hot water input).    No pilot light, electronic ignition.

We have one of those and it has drastically reduced our gas consumption.

Expensive though to have someone come from GDL for routine maintenance.  

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

We have one of those and it has drastically reduced our gas consumption.

Expensive though to have someone come from GDL for routine maintenance.  

Just curious...what routine maintenance is required and how often? We've had one installed for a couple of years now and not done anything so I'm wondering if there is something I should be paying attention to.