Chapala.com Webboard

Car emissions

Maryanna

That sounds like more Gringo hearsay, but if you have read something by the Jalisco government that states this, I would like to read it.

Can you imagine how many people from other cities and states pass through Guadalajara every day who haven't had their cars inspected? Who is going to go after these thousands of motorists to issue them tickets?

Sometimes, common sense, plus keeping up with Mexican news pages answers  most questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

does not apply to chapala - yet -  

https://www.unotv.com/estados/jalisco/verificacion-vehicular-en-jalisco-multas-inician-en-marzo-de-2023/

Actualmente, la obligatoriedad es para todos los vehículos que circulan de manera permanente, incluyendo a aquellos con placas de otros estados, en el Área Metropolitana de Guadalajara (AMG):

• Guadalajara
  • Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos
  • Juanacatlán
  • El Salto
  • Tlajomulco de Zúñiga
  • San Pedro Tlaquepaque
  • Tonalá
  • Zapopan
  • Zapotlanejo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, chapalence said:

That sounds like more Gringo hearsay, but if you have read something by the Jalisco government that states this, I would like to read it.

Can you imagine how many people from other cities and states pass through Guadalajara every day who haven't had their cars inspected? Who is going to go after these thousands of motorists to issue them tickets?

Sometimes, common sense, plus keeping up with Mexican news pages answers  most questions.

Well luckily I live in an all Mexican neighborhood so I do not deal with Gringo hearsay. Also one couple that rents one of my apartments are from Nayarit and they must carry a special document exempting them from the Verification test. The document they have is free of charge. (did I mention that I am fluent in Spanish and Spanish news is what I read plus my neighbors Facebook feedback).   😉

• Like 1

The state official said that the Highway Police will only be able to make tickets for this reason in special operations and not in individual inspections

So basically the only time it might come up in Guadalajara is if there is a total traffic inspection lane like used for drunk driving checks. .  The normal highway police will not be able to issue tickets for inspection offense.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

My advice is to carry a CFE or Simapa receipt in your name to prove that you live in the Chapala area in the event you are stopped in Guadalajara. 

MX drivers license has address on it. Receipt in your car for paying annual refrendo has your address on it or your card issued in lieu of a sticker.  Car insurance documents include your address.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Well luckily I live in an all Mexican neighborhood so I do not deal with Gringo hearsay. Also one couple that rents one of my apartments are from Nayarit and they must carry a special document exempting them from the Verification test. The document they have is free of charge. (did I mention that I am fluent in Spanish and Spanish news is what I read plus my neighbors Facebook feedback).   😉

"The document they have is free of charge." ---- Could you elaborate on the document and how it is obtained? Are you saying the those at Lakeside driving in other areas (i.e Guadalajara or Michoacan) require this document as well? Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

"The document they have is free of charge." ---- Could you elaborate on the document and how it is obtained? Are you saying the those at Lakeside driving in other areas (i.e Guadalajara or Michoacan) require this document as well? Thanks.

No, their car is plated in Nayarit. Nayarit as of now does not have Verification centers. Jalisco plated cars with addresses listed above under Mad_Max post are require to have their car tested. But at the end of the day it only costs $ 500 pesos to do the test so..........

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

No you don't  unless you will be staying in one of the named municipalities for some time like a vacation in Puerto Vallarta for example. Thousands of vehicles visit or pass through the named muni's every day. Jalisco does not expect them to register and how would someone from say Leon even know about the regulation? As to Michoacan, it is another state and they could care less about Jalisco regulations.

• Thanks 2

The 'Chapala Reporter' is a scam - please don't waste your money on a subscription. The QUADALAJARA Reporter is a real newspaper and does have an article on the front page of this week's edition. "Emissions fines to kick in March 1"

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/59235-emissions-fines-to-kick-in-march-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I do not understand the questions and problems with all of this.  Folks it is 500 pesos not 500 dollars.  Why take the chance of being stopped and arguing that you are right.  Get it done and be done with this. It is so easy to do and if you feel you cannot do it yourself, hire someone.  Very little Spanish needed and quick to get it done. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why spend 500 pesos that you don't have to spend? Why spend the time to drive to Ocotlan when it isn't required?   We are NOT required to get the test if you live lakeside (unless you work in GDL).  Check out the government site yourself if you don't believe what is posted below.  Chapala and Jocotopec are NOT on the list.

Actualmente, la obligatoriedad es para todos los vehículos que circulan de manera permanente, incluyendo a aquellos con placas de otros estados, en el Área Metropolitana de Guadalajara (AMG):

• Guadalajara
  • Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos
  • Juanacatlán
  • El Salto
  • Tlajomulco de Zúñiga
  • San Pedro Tlaquepaque
  • Tonalá
  • Zapopan
  • Zapotlanejo
  • Thanks 4

On 12/30/2022 at 10:53 PM, NEWMtnMama said:

The 'Chapala Reporter' is a scam - please don't waste your money on a subscription. The QUADALAJARA Reporter is a real newspaper and does have an article on the front page of this week's edition. "Emissions fines to kick in March 1"

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/59235-emissions-fines-to-kick-in-march-1

The person who runs the email Chapala reporter  also goes by the name Chapala reporter . Identical news information 

• Confused 1