Chapala.com Webboard

Reminder: YOU CAN PERSONALLY IGNORE POSTERS YOU FIND TO BE OBNOXIOUS, TEDIOUS, WEIRD OR WHATEVER

A little reminder of how this Board operates is in order after yet another thread opened by an unpopular poster became the target of personal attack and abuse from the beginning of a thread they started.

First and most important, YOU can personally censor someone here you don't like simply by adding them to your ignore list.

To do this, go to your personal settings, click on "Ignored Users" and add that person's Board name exactly aa shown on the left hand side of their post, to your list.  Be sure to type it exactly as it appears.

You will no longer see their thread or post content.  THIS IS FAR MORE EFFECTIVE in shutting down obnoxious but permitted content then going to the thread and starting a personal pissing match. 

Ignored user threads fall off the first page pretty quick.

If you are having difficulty doing this, PM myself or Pete and I'm sure we can help you with it.

Basically if one choses to be a tedious pain in the butt here (in the opinion of other or others) that is their choice and so long as one's posting does not get involved in religion, politics, libel of local people or businesses or this Board, or abusive personal attack it is OK.

If you think a post or thread is doing this, please PM myself or Pete immediately with details of where the problem is and we will address it ASAP..  Neither the Mods or the Admn reads everything posted here so it is up to you all to help out by alerting us to problems.

In summary, YOU have the right and the means to censor another poster from your page, YOU SINGLY OR IN PLURAL DO NOT have the right to block the speech of others which you don't personally like but that does not violate the rules of this group.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like 5

Moderation should also ban the use of sock puppets (duplicate user accounts). First, state a policy against them; second, look for duplicate poster IP addresses where there's suspicion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_puppet_account

Steps to Ignore Users

Usernames will auto-complete after typing a few characters.

2.thumb.png.e373913e64a71b59dfd4e822b1ad4324.png

3.thumb.png.2bd16c8a6d61ff443e3ee0265f2b0284.png

4.thumb.png.a4f1882040224cc8540b9e5fed0e2d64.png

LQ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it is time to use the IGNORE function again as - HE'S BACK!

Eric Blair is back as of one hour ago in Classified Section:

Eric Blair

Members

Interests:Things I don't yet know.

Posted 1 hour ago

HP Notebook - 14-dk0002dx Product Specifications

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I blocked a member using IGNORE and clicked on all of the options to ignore this person.  I do not see what they have written in their post anymore but I see all replies, and, if I wanted to, I am able to reply even though everything is blocked.  I believe an update to the IGNORE option is warranted.  Yes, I have contacted the moderators to no avail.  

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

I blocked a member using IGNORE and clicked on all of the options to ignore this person.  I do not see what they have written in their post anymore but I see all replies, and, if I wanted to, I am able to reply even though everything is blocked.  I believe an update to the IGNORE option is warranted.  Yes, I have contacted the moderators to no avail.  

I am in the same situation.

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

I blocked a member using IGNORE and clicked on all of the options to ignore this person.  I do not see what they have written in their post anymore but I see all replies,

Happens to all of us.  So just don't READ those replies and you can avoid getting upset all over again

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 9:39 AM, ibarra said:

I am told, but do not believe it would work, is to use the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, where it would take you, I dunno. But you with many posts under your belt should already know this. Eh?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even see posts that I have posted... and I am NOT on my own ignore list.

So I can safely surmise that posts on this forum are deleted or removed without the OPs knowledge. So how often does this 'cleansing' happen to others? Too bad there is not much heat generated from this post-burning like in the old days of book burning, could use some of the warmth.

Snapshots work great BTW.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OldWEB said:

I can't even see posts that I have posted... and I am NOT on my own ignore list.

So I can safely surmise that posts on this forum are deleted or removed without the OPs knowledge. So how often does this 'cleansing' happen to others? Too bad there is not much heat generated from this post-burning like in the old days of book burning, could use some of the warmth.

Snapshots work great BTW.

You and others can see your activity by clicking on that option:

snapshot_chapala.com_1705726809438.thumb.png.224c5f1ca520e48f9881fb7be5eaba50.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a "Reaction" to my above post by "Mainecoons" so they think it is funny that I notice my posts being deleted.... I wonder who does the deleting?

What a site....

I click on the "Staff" link at the top, does anyone actually know if any (other than the #2) are still around or ever were a different entity?? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I just wanted this in a more readily accessible place and believe it is highly relevant here. ALL should go through it when they feel troubled by some posters, maybe the proverbial "light bulb" will come on or some 'reflection' can happen.

https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/16781/judgmental-people/