Chapala.com Webboard

A Personal Response to Mod-2

Tingting

Mod-2,

I read what you wrote at the end of David's last posting and thought about it. I can't speak for others, but I can honestly say it's how I feel. So, here is my response:

It's great to tell us not to respond to the trolls, but that's a bit simplistic. I can only speak for myself, but I see the damage he causes each and every time he posts about Chapala Haciendas. It's not perfect. We have good folks and bad folks, but each and every time he writes/posts, he goes on another rant about the rampant corruption/violations of Mexican law/fill-in-your-own-description that takes place  under our very noses and how no one, absolutely no one else except SuperDavid, sees it and is willing to fix it. If he only did this within our community, well, okay, every neighborhood has its Grinch, but he spews on this site where our words have real consequences. Telling us not to react is like telling the river not to flow. You can only dam so much. (yes, deliberate play on words)

Even though I'm a technodino, I know how easy it is to just sign up with another name and continue on. Heck, Sr. Pedro had many over the years, but his "Snork!" always gave him away (not trying to compare the two). Obviously, it's your call whether or not to permanently ban him, but please don't dismiss our real concerns when we respond. 

ETA:  I apologize if this comes across as a criticism as that is not my intention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Tingting--I'm just an occasional poster like you. I was the one who suggested not responding to posts by Eric/David/Whatever in order to frustrate this master of calling attention to himself. It was meant  to be funny.

His posts have done harm to individuals and communities.  He has dredged up out-of-date topics on which to base a post--like the dog poisoning-- because he's intelectually limited. The purpose of my suggestion was hopefully to provoke a reaction from one of the persons whose job it is to monitor harmful posts like Eric/David's.  And sure enough, one monitor spoke up. And what we got was a defense of Eric/David. Oh, lord.

So what to do? I for one am going back to talking to my dog. I love our converstions. He's brainy and his eyes speak volumes. Eric/David? No so much.

Lexy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

You're absolutely right. I unintentionally tied two posts together. Hopefully, everyone got the main gist of my posting. At the end of the day, I know that SuperDavid is just a very, very bitter old man whose life didn't turn out the way he expected it would. 

BTW, you gave me my first belly laugh of the day with your comment about your dog! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tingting said:

You're absolutely right. I unintentionally tied two posts together. Hopefully, everyone got the main gist of my posting. At the end of the day, I know that SuperDavid is just a very, very bitter old man whose life didn't turn out the way he expected it would. 

BTW, you gave me my first belly laugh of the day with your comment about your dog! 

Just a FWIW, I have blocked him, among others, so I never get my panties is a wad about his posts, nor do I ever fight myself about whether to respond to his posts. It sure is easy to do that. I strongly suggest you do that and skip on forward with your life. If there is a post by someone responding to him, I just skip on by without reading it. You can do this too. Doesn't take much effort to block and skip on by. Good luck.

P.S. I see the damage being caused by those who respond, because if they simply ignored, he would stop posting. He lives for the responses, and those who respond live to respond to him. Life should be more than that, but those types do live among us. and they always will.

• Like 4

You're so right, he can be skipped.  But some people are objecting to him and rightly so. How do we know this until we read his comments that he's out of line?

The point is, he's breaking the rules here. He's maligning others.  Repeatedly. Until my recent comments I had learned early on he was a strange one not worth my time. He got my attention with that dog-poisoning come on.

You see the damage being done by those who respond? Oh, so you don't skip him either . . .

Lexy

• Confused 1

I've addressed this.  We dealt with the Chapala Haciendas problem, probably not fast enough but we did.  That one definitely got out of control.

It won't happen again.

Please read, understand and observe the Reminder I have added pinned at the top above.

In the future, it will help if you see a problem you PM either myself or Pete.  We do not read every post and thread on this board.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1