Chapala.com Webboard

Whoo Hooo I can see again

NEWMtnMama

I had a rapid onset cataract that suddenly fogged up my vision. Had it operated on yesterday by Dra Marianna at Quality Care. Got the bandage off today and I haven't seen this well in a long time. I got the corrective lens for distance but I need cheaters for up close. Found the glasses but I need one of those necklace thingies that allows you to hand the glasses around your neck. Any idea where to buy one?

• Like 4

First the number to call for an appointment for Dra Mariana Diaz at Quality Care is 332 050 4009

I paid under 24,000 pesos for a monofocal lens. No idea what multifocal would cost. The clinic, Armonia Visual Integral, in Quad is very modern, very professional, and most personnel spoke English. The only reason I didn't go to Dra Claudia was because of the stairs to her office.

Again, does anyone know where I can get one of those thingys to hang the reading glasses around my neck?

12 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Hiking into Mia's is difficult as I am having some mobility issues. Hoping not to have to pay shipping to Amazon or maybe get the item from Mercadolibre. Hoping someone knew of someplace more accessible. 

The glasses retainers around here tend to be hand made, over priced, heavy... like made of stones or metals that give you rashes. If  you want the cord types or sports types, I think Amazon is your best, or only, bet. I just checked and of course they have the glass bead types, but they are lighter. Check them out. I think you'd be best served to bite the bullet on the shipping cost. My favorite is this type https://www.amazon.com.mx/Chums-Slip-Rope-Eyewear-Retainer/dp/B00026T3VY/ref=d_pd_day0_sccl_2_11/143-5167497-5719842?pd_rd_w=QnREA&content-id=amzn1.sym.1c8f9346-a87e-48c7-994a-82c93e96af91&pf_rd_p=1c8f9346-a87e-48c7-994a-82c93e96af91&pf_rd_r=NFA6TB12SXTVBGKC9BSH&pd_rd_wg=ZruuH&pd_rd_r=4234acfb-a55d-46f6-81b8-5ff8efc29931&pd_rd_i=B003CK0IBG&th=1

But they have as many types as flavors of ice cream. And I'm sure everyone giving you advice has different tastes.