Chapala.com Webboard

Panchos west store

sm1mex

So he sells food and other stuff.  We are not talking about food preparation, eating, etc.                                                                 What if I want to post that I was in Grocery Store X and I found it to be dirty and only one cashier was open, or any other complaint?

14 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

His east end store also has a restaurant and cooked food to go.  Is it the same with the new westside location?  To me that qualifies as la cocina 

Not yet.

The second floor will be a restaurant when construction is completed. 

Yes, there is an elevator for those who can't handle stairs.

2 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I don’t think a pet will be allowed. It is a closed in grocery store. I have never seen a pet in SuperLake or Walmart. 

Well I have seen an expat looking lady in Super Lake with her small dog on a lease.  And on another occasion I saw another expat looking lady walking around Wal-mart with a dog on a lease.  I was shocked.  In neither case did the dogs appear to be seeing-eye dogs.  I think it was more a case that the Mexicans were just too polite to confront the gringas.

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

I think it was more a case that the Mexicans were just too polite to confront the gringas.

Frankly, you needn't come to Mexico to find many entitled gringas imposing their darling, ornamental child-proxies on strangers, nervily daring someone to object, spleens ready to vent.

Naturally, the same doesn't apply to my emotional-support gerbil Ernie, who mostly stays in my pocket. Mostly.

LQ

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/15/2022 at 4:48 PM, Lou Quillio said:

Frankly, you needn't come to Mexico to find many entitled gringas imposing their darling, ornamental child-proxies on strangers, nervily daring someone to object, spleens ready to vent.

Naturally, the same doesn't apply to my emotional-support gerbil Ernie, who mostly stays in my pocket. Mostly.

LQ

Sadly, I'd rather deal with someone's proxy-child than most of the actual children whose parents seem to think their precious little num-nums is just so cutesy running around screaming at the top of hims widdle lungs.

OK, that was MAINLY a joke, but yeah, as much of an animal lover as I am (and I am a HUGE one), there are just some places that a non-service animal shouldn't go. Except gerbils. Emotional support gerbils are welcome everywhere.

• Like 1

• Veteran
  •  

I love pets. Pets belong at home, not in stores and restaurants.  

If you can take your pet cat-dog  I can bring my pet chicken-goat- burro.  My need is just as relevant as yours. 

Mostlylost, 

If you do take your pets to a restaurant make sure they are not a menu item. Patrons may think their choice of meat is freshly cooked.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2