Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic issues

9 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The Ocampo solution was discussed by authorities about 15 years ago. Nothing came of it.

Excuse me , a few months ago the change was made..But for only a short time.The underlying issue with implementation is the "locals" seem to have more power if a major change was proposed.

Parked cars,trucks on both sides of the street goes ignored. Because his Daddy tied his horse there 20 years ago is no justification for him to park his huge SUV now

This is the case on many sections of the main Carrara in Ajijic where stores etc have encroached on to the Fedral Right of way. Similarly encroachment on the Lakefront. Do it and apologise latter..if you get found out

In summary there is no Gringo logic to any of these issues,  we are all wasting our time posting. Time to join Pete and his committee for coffee.Many of us oldies used solve problems at Donas Doughnuts,  but most died  before  they were implement!.  

42 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Excuse me , a few months ago the change was made..But for only a short time.The underlying issue with implementation is the "locals" seem to have more power if a major change was proposed.

Parked cars,trucks on both sides of the street goes ignored. Because his Daddy tied his horse there 20 years ago is no justification for him to park his huge SUV now

This is the case on many sections of the main Carrara in Ajijic where stores etc have encroached on to the Fedral Right of way. Similarly encroachment on the Lakefront. Do it and apologise latter..if you get found out

In summary there is no Gringo logic to any of these issues,  we are all wasting our time posting. Time to join Pete and his committee for coffee.Many of us oldies used solve problems at Donas Doughnuts,  but most died  before  they were implement!.  

Excuse me     Really???     

Ocampo and Constitution were changed all the way through Ajijic from where.... De Las Flores to La Floresta?  No signage... No traffic diversion at the west end or signage on how to return to the carretera in La Floresta or?    no bus route changes .... and no public announcement?   

Odd I drive the carretera on a daily basis from west to east and there was never a diversion sending eastbound traffic onto Ocampo. 

8 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

This is an easy fix, but is too logic to be accepted.

Make Ocampo one way going East from Rio Bravo, and limited it to cars and local buses, and join the Carretra at La Foresta.

Ajijic town needs to provide more payed parking areas

i guess you do not live in the area. Making Ocampo one way before starting working on the portion between rio zula and linda vista is what causes the problem. the streets between ocampo aand zaragosa are 2 ways and people park on them so only one car can get through. Zaragosa is 2 ways instead of one and they close it down to work on  the street  There was one night last week when I was not sure I could get home at all. 

Ocampo at 6 esquinas is one way but most people do not obey and the side streets get closed on and off  for work.. so there is no way to get through, add the beautifying to the plaza that made the street more narrow and the buses going through and people parking on both sides of the street and you have arguments and scratches etc.. Today I stopped a patrol car and ask them what to do. They told me to speak to vialidad. I got there at 3pm today and the office was closed . Let s see what they say tomorrow.

We all know traffic changes depending on the time of the day and for those who have the luxury of being able to escape it , it is nice but people have to go to work, take kids to schools etcc so for people who actually have to get somewhere at a certain time,  going out when the traffic is light it is not an option.

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Excuse me     Really???     

Ocampo and Constitution were changed all the way through Ajijic from where.... De Las Flores to La Floresta?  No signage... No traffic diversion at the west end or signage on how to return to the carretera in La Floresta or?    no bus route changes .... and no public announcement?   

Odd I drive the carretera on a daily basis from west to east and there was never a diversion sending eastbound traffic onto Ocampo. 

"Odd I drive the carretera on a daily basis from west to east and there was never a diversion sending eastbound traffic onto Ocampo."

If my message to you implied some sort of "diversion" signage that is not correct. Let me reiterate the section WEST of 6 corners which was 2 way , changed to one way going EAST. I have not travelled that way for some time, BUT I believe that section has revert back to 2 ways...or not????

If you are a frequent traveler perhaps you can go that route and lets us know the true situation?

16 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

"Odd I drive the carretera on a daily basis from west to east and there was never a diversion sending eastbound traffic onto Ocampo."

If my message to you implied some sort of "diversion" signage that is not correct. Let me reiterate the section WEST of 6 corners which was 2 way , changed to one way going EAST. I have not travelled that way for some time, BUT I believe that section has revert back to 2 ways...or not????

If you are a frequent traveler perhaps you can go that route and lets us know the true situation?

You posted "This is an easy fix, but is too logic (sic) to be accepted. Make Ocampo one way going East from Rio Bravo, and limited it to cars and local buses, and join the Carretra at La Foresta."

I stated that idea was discussed about 15 years age to which you replied "Excuse me , a few months ago the change was made..But for only a short time."

I replied that I drive the carretera daily and that never happened. 

Perhaps you are confusing your own posts.  A couple of blocks on Ocampo changing to one way is not making Ocampo the eastbound carretera. 

In the last 50 years streets in Ajijic centro have changed dozens if not hundreds of times. Two way to one way. Reverse direction of one way. One way to two way. No turn allowed   to turn allowed.

None of those changes made Ocampo the eastbound lanes of the carretera and changing the carretera to westbound only that was discussed 15 years ago  by the Chapala government....as I posted 

so EXCUSE ME  for posting a fact that was so easy for you to confuse.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Officially it has not reverted to 2 ways but since rio Zula Linda VIsta was closed all week de facto it had to be 2 ways also the section of Ocampo to 6 Esquinas is de facto 2 ways although the signage says 1 way. Monday I will complain to the commandante of the transito and let s see if they do anything.. They are very busy now stopping the motos without placas and hauling them off.  to the pound.. ---