Chapala.com Webboard

reason for massive cohetes in Chapala?

bdmowers

Does anyone know the reason for the massive amount of cohetes in Chapala this past week and especially yesterday and today? I mean hundreds, more than I've ever heard in 10 years.  They're being set off at the Purissima church night and day.

• Thanks 1

I have no idea why. What I can say is that it was not very noisy in my neighborhood in upper Ajijic.

(I should add that it had been very noisy for at least a week until a couple of days ago.  And I be the fireworks will be starting again soon)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, nutz said:

Celebration of Guadeloupe's birthday Dec 12th.

right direction...... wrong reason.  The Virgin of Guadalupe is attributed to having performed her first miracle on Dec 12, FOUR HUNDRED years ago this year.  Extra celebrations started  in some areas a few days ago for this significant milestone in Mexico.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Natasha said:

right direction...... wrong reason.  The Virgin of Guadalupe is attributed to having performed her first miracle on Dec 12, FOUR HUNDRED years ago this year.  Extra celebrations started  in some areas a few days ago for this significant milestone in Mexico.

Exactly.... And there is no birthdate for the Virgin Mary who appeared twice in a vision to a peasant and was later named the Virgin of Guadalupe 

18 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

There is a small Chapel near the CFE office on Zaragoza.  Not the Carmelite Chapel but another one.  They were celebrating the fiestas for the saint of that Chapel.  They did a castillo there last night.  I saw the crown of Christ shoot off and fly over my garden jaja.

I am out of emojis.  Thanks for this explanation.  

On 12/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, dichosalocura said:

There is a small Chapel near the CFE office on Zaragoza.  Not the Carmelite Chapel but another one.  They were celebrating the fiestas for the saint of that Chapel.  They did a castillo there last night.  I saw the crown of Christ shoot off and fly over my garden jaja.

that and the virgin of the Guadalupe that goes on for 9 days and end today will give you lots of noise.. then the posadas will start, less noise but another oportunity for noise.. just hold on to your chair until Ash wednesday then it will be almost quiet until easter.. I said almost not totally..

Wasn't it this morning we were supposed to have been woken up at 5am to a bombardment of rockets that usually go on for 2 hours or so to get the whole pueblo up and about in a cheerful and happy mood so they can get ready for misa??  Well this was the first year in my 11 years here that I didn't hear a thing.   And I am referencing Chapala since I don't know what or how they do it in the other pueblos.

8 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Wasn't it this morning we were supposed to have been woken up at 5am to a bombardment of rockets that usually go on for 2 hours or so to get the whole pueblo up and about in a cheerful and happy mood so they can get ready for misa??  Well this was the first year in my 11 years here that I didn't hear a thing.   And I am referencing Chapala since I don't know what or how they do it in the other pueblos.

We heard them up here in Chapala Haciendas. 

Maybe you have been struck deaf after 11 years, assuming you're closer to the origin than we are.

• Like 1