Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for the cheapest possible TelCel plan

4 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I'll try TelCel first but doubt my Spanish or hearing is good enough to sort this out there.  Is there a particular person I should look for who might be able to work with those limitations?

New chip is 50 pesos but I'd lose a whole bunch of accumulated minutes.  I only probably make or receive less than 4 calls per month, always brief.  I like the cheap and also only have to re-up every 2 months.

You all have been super helpful, thanks so much!

There is usually someone in the Laguna Telcel office who can speak English. 

Mainecoons, I don't think you need a new SIM card.  The problem is the morons behing the counter at Oxxo.  WE have encountered the same problem frequently at Oxxo !! Half the time, the woman says "you want Amigo Sin Limite?"   We say NO ( because that is a plan),-- emphasize that you want " Amigo normal" for two months for 100 p cost." 

Then when she rings it up with your phone number, make sure you don't leave the store until the phone dings that you have a message with the Amigo Normal on it.  So, be sure to take your phone with you and have it on.

If you renew Amigo Normal within 24 hours of the expiration of your current two months, then you should not lose the minutes you have accumulated.  They carry over with Amigo Normal.  Good luck  

1 hour ago, mexijims1 said:

If you renew Amigo Normal within 24 hours of the expiration of your current two months, then you should not lose the minutes you have accumulated.  They carry over with Amigo Normal.  Good luck  

I've put another $100 on a few days after the expiry of my 60 days and my old saldo still carried over. 

There is a Telcel vendor on the west side of Aijijic Plaza (Next to Chile Verde)… It is run by two very nice ladies (One speaks perfect English)… I walked in an they set me up with a SIM card and Amigo 200 plan in 15 minute (Sim 129 peso plus 200 peso for month of data). They also handle prepayments to maintain the plan… I now give them 1,000 pesos for 5 months of service (5 x 200)… They give you a receipt with the date to come back before it runs out…

You can choose any monthly prepaid plan and any amount of prepayment you like…

8286C68E-17A4-4A69-B6A3-15BBCE2F63CB.png