Chapala.com Webboard

Purchase of real estate - closing costs

EldonNova

Is there anyone out there who has recently purchased a house in the municipality of Chapala.  I was just wondering what the closing costs were as a percentage of the total purchase price.  Have not purchased a property since 2015 and thinking of moving.  I believe the biggest cost is that of the Notaria Publica.  Would appreciate any and all replies.

I just had to pay for the deed on 50% of the house after my husband s death and I paid  7 % of the   price of the house listed on the predial. On houses that you just purchased I would think th e10% of the purchased price would be in th eballpark. Anyone can confirm?

We purchased our home without a realtor and the cost was 2.3% of the selling price plus $400 USD representing 1/2 of the attorney fees... For ball park figuring with a realtor figure 10% of the selling price...

1 hour ago, EldonNova said:

I do realize that the seller of a house only pays the real estate comission.  The buyer pays the closing costs of purchasing a new house.  Thanks for all the comments.  I more or less got my answer.  

Gosh I hope you where not too confused by the  irrelevant comments. Incidentally the Buyer gets to choose the closing Attorney,