Chapala.com Webboard

Immigration Forms required????

Oatsie

I do know that this has been asked and answered before but I need the UP TO DATE info.

When flying out of Guadalajara, does a Temporary Resident need to go to Immigration and complete the form to hand in at the airline (American Air)?

I do know that Immigration don't want the part of the form that they used to collect, only your Temporary Resident card.

• 4 months later...

I do not know about the renewal of American passports because I'm Canadian. When a Canadian renews a passport, they have the option of having their old passport returned to them along with the new one. The corner is clipped and dots perforate it but the contents are still legible. In such circumstances as described above, you would indeed have proof of the stamp exiting Mexico.

I spent many hours perusing all ten of my mum's old passports when she passed away in 2009. Amazing number of countries to which she had travelled.

1 hour ago, mkshawn said:

I agree with TelsZ: Passport stamped, Fine but if your passport expires & you return without it. They could possible fine you for not being able to prove your exit. It's a moveable target! Of course if your a permenante who cares. Right?

Traveling on an expired passport is a crazy statement.  You wouldn't be able to board a plane with an expired passport.  And, in your scenario, why wouldn't you have the expired passport?  Did you throw it away?  

Assumptions:

I'm on a Canadian Passport, sorry for the neglect. Had been fined in Mexico City due to lack of Passport Stamp in 2008, cost $2,400 mxp paid before release to depart: They, Immigration was holding the plane with our baggage and all relevant documents.

We have all our expired passports: but do not carry them every where. Only when they may contain critical documentation!

Where did anyone other than u say we were traveling on expired passports?? Engage u'r reading skills before the Thumb & Forefinger.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:18 PM, TelsZ4 said:

You still need to go to INM at the airport just like before but you don’t need to fill out the form, just show your passport and temporal or permanent card and they will stamp your passport with the exit date.. 

Thanks for this - that's what I needed to know .... do I do this at Guadalajara airport or Mexico City which will be the actual point of departure from the country or does it matter? 

Glad to read the part on bringing back the old passport as I will be renewing mine this summer in Canuckland... I would not have thought of it and stashed it away in my Northern dresser. 😕

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 2:23 PM, mkshawn said:

Assumptions:

I'm on a Canadian Passport, sorry for the neglect. Had been fined in Mexico City due to lack of Passport Stamp in 2008, cost $2,400 mxp paid before release to depart: They, Immigration was holding the plane with our baggage and all relevant documents.

We have all our expired passports: but do not carry them every where. Only when they may contain critical documentation!

Where did anyone other than u say we were traveling on expired passports?? Engage u'r reading skills before the Thumb & Forefinger.

Cheers!

Your experience with lack of evidence of Passport Stamp is interesting. I wonder what would have happened if you had boarded a flight from Guadalajara,  via not using. MX City.  MX City seems to operate differently to GDL, Onetime when I  arrived into MX I did not have the bottom half of my departure from and given a long lecture on why I should have retained it.